JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok so the other day I posted about my little p938 shooting groups almost as well as my full size. I think many of you thought I was nuts or don't shoot much. Another BSer . Well heres some 50 foot 5 shot target pics from just minutes earlier. Not from a rest either. I would like to see your 50' pics if you have any. Doesn't have to be a compact but not from a rest either. All in good fun.

Nothing special, but did hit the target. ON these attempts. :D
If I throw out the flyer can we call the one a 3'' group? :D

P1010293.JPG
P1010289.JPG
P1010288.JPG
P1010286.JPG

I have to special order the 50' targets. But it gets me on paper at 7 yards. :D

You should see my life size aircraft paper targets for the 1911s. :D

Last Edited:
I've posted this before....Walther PPS-M2 at 50'
First Target- I.jpg
I paid $437 last fall for this 3.1" pipsqueak, single stacker because it was winning all the reviews in its class.
That was for the LE Edition with night sights and 6,7 and 8 round mags.
Now it's on rebate and you can get the standard package for $256 !
That's no night sights and 6 and 7 round mags.
Walther PPS M2 Black 9mm 3.2" 7 Rd - $356 ($256 after $100 MIR) (Free S/H on Firearms)

Last Edited:
Ok so the other day I posted about my little p938 shooting groups almost as well as my full size. I think many of you thought I was nuts or don't shoot much. Another BSer . Well heres some 50 foot 5 shot target pics from just minutes earlier. Not from a rest either. I would like to see your 50' pics if you have any. Doesn't have to be a compact but not from a rest either. All in good fun.

Nothing special, but did hit the target. ON these attempts. :D
If I throw out the flyer can we call the one a 3'' group? :D

View attachment 373941
View attachment 373942
View attachment 373943
View attachment 373946

From a compact like that with no rest that is IMHO VERY acceptable. As I often say I have in my life known some REALLY good shots. They were always the exception. I have known a whole LOT of shooters who talked a great shot. Then first time you get to a range they can't even stay on paper at 50' with pistols. Always have all kinds of excuses when it happens. Same with the "I don't need sights" gang. Have seen some but few. Most often when I see one try they also can't hit the paper at half that distance. I always say if that happens on paper what do you think will happen if the target is firing back? It is why I often love my PCC's. Will be plinking away. Get one of them out with an optic and of course the center of the shoot'n'see is gone. Often have another walk over to see if they are in the company of an "expert" only to smile when they see why I'm so damn good. J

50' groups are fun but can you unholster and drill someone at 7 yards (or less)?
I don't know....don't want to find out, but I think I could do it.

Edit:
Target Shooting
An old trapshooter said to me once, when you miss, you miss before you even pulled the trigger.
That is true.
When I pull one, I know it.....before I see the hit.

I would think if you could draw and shoot from 50' you can draw and shoot from 21'. I always start holstered it goes with flipping the safety. Reputation. Yes I shoot in close as well. My steel torso and head target is boring after a while. But not at 15-25 yards. Hell I'm gonna try at 50 yards. :) My 7 yard groups look better, for sure. I do work on how fast I can get off a good first shot as well.

What pistol did you shoot the nice group with ? At 50' ?

Pretty close to that. It was my Ruger SR9c with 3.4" barrel.Nah, it was my AR with 10.5" barrel and cheekwelded Shockwave at 15yds. ;)

Do ya like my re-used multi-purpose hi-diversity targets? Never say die until the tape won't stick anymore!

So how well does a 5'' 1911 shoot at 50' ? Better than I remember :)

Here's the Springfield Loaded Black Stainless target.
IMG_1204.JPG IMG_1207.JPG

This is for the Kimber haters, um orygun, and why she's a keeper. After 10 years the trigger will still surprise me on the break. 5 shot groups.

IMG_1210.JPG IMG_1212.JPG IMG_1216.JPG IMG_1218.JPG IMG_1220.JPG

Here's 10 shots
IMG_1221.JPG IMG_1223.JPG IMG_1202.JPG

I'm still not a fan of Winchester White box, but it was good to me today.:) IMG_1209.JPG

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top