Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

50 guns stolen in Houston GS smash & grab

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by slimer13, Mar 2, 2016.

1. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

2. Ralgha

Ralgha Portland Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

It's really unfortunate that Texas doesn't have universal background checks. It totally would have stopped this burglary in its tracks, there's no way the BCs would have been finished before the cops arrived.

3. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Beat me to it

Riot and PBinWA like this.
  4. TOVO

TOVO SW WA. Active Member

Saw the video on TV and sure looked like they knew what to grab. Hope they catch the guys and get locked up for a long time.

mjbskwim likes this.
  5. sdlsaginaw

sdlsaginaw Oregon Active Member

I assume they already had the 4473 forms filled out before they arrived.

They really need new common sense gun safety legislation to close the "rip-door-off-building-with-truck loophole" that felons use to circumvent background checks. :rolleyes:

6. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

7. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

8. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Hmmm,who was the last guy that got fired?

spookshack likes this.
  9. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

I can't believe I am saying this but I guess obozo was right it's those other states that are allowing guns with lax gun laws to get into criminal hands. If only they had stricter laws this would not have happened.:s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140:

Capn Jack and mjbskwim like this.
  10. DuneHopper

DuneHopper Douglas County. Well-Known Member

Hey they didnt do a BGC ? what the heck its the law people.:rolleyes:

11. Ralgha

Ralgha Portland Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Texas doesn't require background checks when you steal guns. Oregon does though, so this never would have happened here.

Capn Jack, Charger, mjbskwim and 3 others like this.
  12. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Any Title II firearms stolen?

13. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

They've already caught three, but the rest of the crew (10 total?) is still on the lam. They'll all get rounded up eventually - there's no way a conspiracy of thieves that size could hold up for long. I wonder if the Feds will choose to prosecute them?

As ugly as this smash-n-grab is, it's statistically insignificant compared to the zillions of unlocked guns taken in home burglaries. Would you buy a gun safe with walls made of thin glass sheet? No? Then why would you leave your valuables lying around in your house when you're away?

The great thing about having a nice, big, safe bolted down is that anything can be thrown into it on a moment's notice: laptops, phones, watches, wallets,... I even keep my wedding ring locked up in it when I'm out on tough jobs.

What I can't understand is why there wasn't some kind of physical security beyond their obviously inadequate front doors. If I had counters and racks of guns on display, you can bet there'd be a stout cable passed through them all and anchored into concrete.

14. fredball

fredball Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

15. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Told ya so: (copycat crime)
    "A surveillance camera caught much of the action in a brazen daylight heist of a Petaluma gun store early Saturday, when four burglars rammed their car into the storefront, ran inside and stole a small cache of firearms, police said."
    "Burglars tried to steal at least one AR-15 assault-style rifle but could not unlock a security cable running through the trigger guard."
    http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/5338025-181/break-in-at-petaluma-gun-store

16. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Wow, hundred thousand dollars worth of firearms and a $99.99 Walmart security system! Do ya' think it's about time gun shops start beefing up security?

17. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

Just wondering if us tax payers had to pay for the flight from Houston to ca. for obozo's family to go shopping.