JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's really unfortunate that Texas doesn't have universal background checks. It totally would have stopped this burglary in its tracks, there's no way the BCs would have been finished before the cops arrived.

I assume they already had the 4473 forms filled out before they arrived.

They really need new common sense gun safety legislation to close the "rip-door-off-building-with-truck loophole" that felons use to circumvent background checks. :rolleyes:

I can't believe I am saying this but I guess obozo was right it's those other states that are allowing guns with lax gun laws to get into criminal hands. If only they had stricter laws this would not have happened.:s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140:

They've already caught three, but the rest of the crew (10 total?) is still on the lam. They'll all get rounded up eventually - there's no way a conspiracy of thieves that size could hold up for long. I wonder if the Feds will choose to prosecute them?

As ugly as this smash-n-grab is, it's statistically insignificant compared to the zillions of unlocked guns taken in home burglaries. Would you buy a gun safe with walls made of thin glass sheet? No? Then why would you leave your valuables lying around in your house when you're away?

The great thing about having a nice, big, safe bolted down is that anything can be thrown into it on a moment's notice: laptops, phones, watches, wallets,... I even keep my wedding ring locked up in it when I'm out on tough jobs.

What I can't understand is why there wasn't some kind of physical security beyond their obviously inadequate front doors. If I had counters and racks of guns on display, you can bet there'd be a stout cable passed through them all and anchored into concrete.

Told ya so: (copycat crime)
"A surveillance camera caught much of the action in a brazen daylight heist of a Petaluma gun store early Saturday, when four burglars rammed their car into the storefront, ran inside and stole a small cache of firearms, police said."
"Burglars tried to steal at least one AR-15 assault-style rifle but could not unlock a security cable running through the trigger guard."
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/5338025-181/break-in-at-petaluma-gun-store

Wow, hundred thousand dollars worth of firearms and a $99.99 Walmart security system! Do ya' think it's about time gun shops start beefing up security?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top