JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Would this be OK at stopping a 98lb crack head? I don't trust my 9's and 45's?
Please keep in mind I am severely recoil sensitive. And prefer pocket carry.

I'm waiting on all your opinions. Mostly because I'm pear driven. And don't trust my own thoughts, or ideas.

DSCN4420.JPG

I have 2 pistols. They shoot 9mm, 357 magnum and .44 magnum.
I have 4 revolvers. They shoot .22 LR/mag, .30 Carbine, .357 magnum and .44 magnum.

I am content with this mix and see no need for any other.

Do you honestly believe that if the exact same hits were made with a 9mm the result would have been any different?
http://www.policeone.com/patrol-iss...ne-cop-carries-145-rounds-of-ammo-on-the-job/

All I know is that everyone they have shot with a .45 has failed to survive. And this has gone on for a couple of decades now.

They recently shot a fellow with an AR-15, but he actually managed to survive. Although his heart did stop for awhile in the ambulance on the way to Sacred Heart Medical Center. So he was briefly dead, before paramedics got his heart back working again.

Ok so I'm freaking confused. So is it or is it not ok to have a handgun that doesn't start with .4?

Five years ago it wasn't and that was the last time I checked. Any help would be appreciated

Ford Vs. Chevy, vs. Dodge, etc. With modern, quality (expensive) self defense ammo, they're all good. I've seen times when a bad guy would soak up multiple rounds of .45 ACP HP and keep on fighting. Conversely, I've seen one .22 cal. 40 gr. lead bullet take a guy down with one shot. My very first autopsy was a guy who took one 147 gr .38 spl. (not +P) lead round nose bullet, after it had passed through a rear car window and driver's seat. Struck him in the back (he was the driver) and exited his groin. Killed him on the spot. There is simply no way to predict what a bullet will do, or how the zombie will react.

There are too many variables to say that one caliber is superior to another, mostly because no two shootings are exactly alike. Most times I carry a .40 S&W. My personal minimum is .38 spl. +P, Hornady Critical Defense, but that's just my comfort level. I don't own a 9mm. Your mileage may vary. The color, size and shape of the pistol doesn't really matter that much, because the bullet is where the metal meets the meat.

If you are comfortable carrying whatever, and if you are consistently able to achieve combat accuracy at a reasonable distance, then that's the one for you. Don't let the forum commandos, or mall ninjas get to you. Most times they're just repeating something someone else said or something they read.
There is no single magic bullet, or golden gun outside of Hollyweird.

As long as you don't plan on eating squirrel and don't mind spending the extra coin sure one could use a .338WM.

Short of a perfect central nervous system hit (solid brain or spine) the fastest way to put someone down is to bleed them out. More holes = more blood loss. The old argument that the 45 make bigger holes is BS they aren't THAT much bigger.

Although, from hunting I've seen the effect of a bullet's failure to expand (because the shot was too close, for example). So personally I prefer .45 over 9mm only because if the only ammo available is FMJ, I feel better knowing the diameter of a 230 gr. FMJ won't shrink.

Last time I killed a deer I took it out with a single hit with an Astro van (round nose FMBumper) all my buddies said it was just dumb luck though...
...maybe I should be driving Ford F350 4x4 crewcab? Ya never know when a Bison will wander into town.

This is why I don't prescribe *subscribe* to any gun magazines. The same articles over and over and over......
I love 1911s cause they fit my hands perfect and tey come in 45 acp the best caliber ever invented.
I mean John Moses Browning was a genius,so who am I to question what other gun to buy?
OK maybe I should get the Hi point..er i mean High Power. But I'm sure that was developed just to make some army happy,not that it was a superior round to the 45ACP
This time of year I would rather knee cap 'em with the 22 and use 'em for wolf bait. My buddy keeps asking when his coat will be done

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top