JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have it checked out and then shoot it!!! I have roughly the equivalent story about this Remington rolling block. It was my great-grandfather's, but I'm the one who had it restored:
View attachment 482791 View attachment 482792

That's a real beauty, ZigZag! Beautiful stock and receiver. I really like the peep sight, too. I've found that up to 50 yards, and with some guns up to 100, I can be just as if not more accurate & precise with a peep sight and a good aperture than I can with a scope sight; I own a modern remake of the model 1873 Winchester that I can use to punch a 0.5 MOA group with five shots at 100 yards with a modern Marble peep sight on it. And call me a traditionalist, but I just like peeps more than I do scopes. Of course, you lose the light-gathering capabilities of glass, but still.

~James

I've never heard of 45-70 WCF, 45-70 Government and 40-70 WCF, yes, but not 45-70 WCF, but I no expert on older cartridges, am I missing something?

Yeah, I'm no expert either, but I've seen the WCF applied to .45-70 plenty of times. Dunno if it's official or not. It just means "Winchester Center Fire", after all, and the "Government" just got there because of their purchase of the rifles for the military. So it's six of one, a half dozen of the other, I guess.

That's a real beauty, ZigZag! Beautiful stock and receiver. I really like the peep sight, too. I've found that up to 50 yards, and with some guns up to 100, I can be just as if not more accurate & precise with a peep sight and a good aperture than I can with a scope sight; I own a modern remake of the model 1873 Winchester that I can use to punch a 0.5 MOA group with five shots at 100 yards with a modern Marble peep sight on it. And call me a traditionalist, but I just like peeps more than I do scopes. Of course, you lose the light-gathering capabilities of glass, but still.

~James
I put the Marbles peep sight on it because it's period and my old eyes can use it, whereas they can no longer hit much of anything with iron sights. I keep thinking about a Malcolm 3x for it. They are period, but expensive:
S865_cannocchiale_large.jpg

~James
Thanks! I would recommend the master gunmaker who restored my rifle, Jim Dubell in Colville, WA, but he passed away unexpectedly a couple years ago. Really nice guy and a real artist with custom guns. He would have been your guy for anything you wanted done to yours. If you ever needed replacement wood for it Treebone Carving has it. He can make replacement stocks for lever guns out of anything you want:

Customer Photo Gallery

Here's a set of stocks for a '94 made out of mesquite:
4309537_orig.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads