JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My guns are always locked up too. The point of this is that a CONVICTED FELON hid a firearm under a couch and his 4 year old found it and died. Yet at the end of the story they talk about safe storage and kind of pass by the fact that there shouldn't have been a gun in the house to store in the first place! So much for them gun laws eh?
^^^This is the issue, a felon in possession of a firearm... That's a clear violation of existing law... Period...

Felon didn't follow that law... Let's make another that he also won't follow... Insanity at its best...

For the record, my firearms are kept warm and protected from unauthorized access, in the cozy darkness of a safe... with the exception of the one that is on my person... And yes, I Carry at home...

^^^This is the issue, a felon in possession of a firearm... That's a clear violation of existing law... Period...

Felon didn't follow that law... Let's make another that he also won't follow... Insanity at its best...

For the record, my firearms are kept warm and protected from unauthorized access, in the cozy darkness of a safe... with the exception of the one that is on my person... And yes, I Carry at home...

This. Exactly. And I carry at home too.

How about we start placing total and sole responsibility for crime on the actual perp and no one else.
No, no, no!!! That'll never work, that runs completely opposite to the progressives agenda...

See, in their world, the victim IS the criminal and the criminal IS the victim.

Just as they choose illegal immigrants over natural born citizens and legal immigrants...

I know it's crazy, but you basically have to stick your head up your arse to see their point of view....

130B8E3A-7D1F-4536-B6AC-6FEFB62BF43B.jpeg

I'm sure this poor innocent child would be alive today if IP-44 was on the books, you just know this convicted felon would have obeyed the law and locked his illegally possessed gun up for safety. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry for the poor kid his dad is a useless tool, but the sad truth is society is probably better off as dad was probably going to raise another felon.

BTW, all my dad's children survived despite the multiple firearms lying around the house and come to think of it so did mine.

If my house is broken into? Ok, what if then my bedroom is broken into? Then what if my safe is broken into? What if I then have a trigger lock on my now stolen gun? And then, what if they manage to remove the trigger lock and shoot someone? Would it STILL be my fault?

Seems to me, a gun locked up in my house IS locked up as far as anyone not invited to or living on the premises is concerned. The crime starts when a burglar trespasses onto my property.

How about we start placing total and sole responsibility for crime on the actual perp and no one else.

That said, I do advocate for gun safes for multiple layers of security. I'm just against blaming someone with no safe (for whatever reason) for a crime committed by someone else.

I'm not blaming any one of anything. I make a choice to secure my firearms in something more difficult to access than simply being able to breaking a window and open a closet door to reach firearms. The safe isn't just for guns, it's for other important and hard to replace items too. I will not let myself be in a position to make it that easy for a dirtbag to walk away with my firearms. They'll have to work for them.

I'm not blaming any one of anything. I make a choice to secure my firearms in something more difficult to access than simply being able to breaking a window and open a closet door to reach firearms. The safe isn't just for guns, it's for other important and hard to replace items too. I will not let myself be in a position to make it that easy for a dirtbag to walk away with my firearms. They'll have to work for them.

Yep security system, camera's, barking dog and two gun safes all followed by a armed and trained home owner. :oops:

@Mikej, you did say "you need to own..." Morally, I agree but a lot of the proposed storage laws want you to own it legally. If your locked house is treated like leaving a gun on the ground in a park, how long until in a safe isn't enough either.

We're on the same page regarding safe storage. I just want to avoid any blame the victim stuff that some of the attempts at laws propose.

...Felon didn't follow that law... Let's make another that he also won't follow... Insanity at its best...
Yeah.. How many laws does it take to make an unlawful man lawful?

you did say "you need to own..." Morally, I agree but a lot of the proposed storage laws want you to own it legally. If your locked house is treated like leaving a gun on the ground in a park, how long until in a safe isn't enough either.

I certainly don't believe in any laws that would be that strict. Perhaps something after the fact? A responsible person secures their fire arms. An irresponsible person leaves guns laying around the house. This is my own personal view of it. If it offends someone? Tough.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top