JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First is the coast.

Second is the Forests.

Third....

Peaches. Glorious delicious peaches!

What's your favorite Oregon produce?

691C3B5D-A676-4F59-A290-8A269346DEC4.jpeg

That which I've grown myself, in soil that I've babied with copious quantities of organic matter and a light application of fertilizer. Just in in the last four days? Tomatoes, green beans (OMG!) and the fist couple of cucumbers. Though I'm not much of a fruit guy, a nice firm, fresh, sweet peach would be nice.

Been quite a few years, but I always wondered what kind of sick minds thought it was a better idea to cover hundreds (thousands?) of acres of prime soil along Marine drive with concrete instead of growing food for all the people they want living here? :s0125:

Local berries, all kinds. Mrs. Teflon has been canning since spring. Last week a client of hers brought her some plums off his land too! Low sugar, nice tart jam.

Last Edited:
Bridges, bridges and more bridges. For a bridge nerd like me, Highway 101 is heaven from top to bottom. Conde McCollough's name should be writ right up there with the greatest of all civil engineers that America has ever produced.

My favourite, though, after the Newport Bridge, is the Astoria-Megler Bridge - there is just something about that name, and the way it reaches out across the mighty Columbia to the next state north. I'd love to see a naval vessel called the USS Megler Bridge..that combination of words just sends a frisson down my spine.

.......and then, of course, there is Portland, city of bridges.

Marionberries are some of my favorite, they were my favorite until I went to Ohio and had Black Rasberries. They are amazing.

If you like Peaches, grill them and add on a slice of marscapone cheese, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
F-ing amazing E1048988-8907-45D8-AD1B-51F7A250908B.jpeg

WOW!! I've lived here for 23 years and didn't know that peaches were a thing here. Guess there is always something new to learn. I'll have to ask my wife since she loves peaches. :) My 2.5 year old loves the Blackberries.

Marionberries

Definitely up there on my likings. That and Salmonberrys.

This one made me laugh.

WOW!! I've lived here for 23 years and didn't know that peaches were a thing here. Guess there is always something new to learn. I'll have to ask my wife since she loves peaches. :) My 2.5 year old loves the Blackberries.

Oh ya, there are a handful of very popular orchards around. My favorite is right next to the little people farm off Helvetia. Grossin Peaches. They usually are open late July till mid August. We can extras and enjoy them year round.

Loved eating thimbleberries and salmonberries when I was kid hiking streams trout fishing. Big fan of blackberries too. Just walked across the street the other day and picked 2 pounds. Wife made a cobbler.

I look forward every year to Rainier Cherries. Gives. you a good clean out.;)
1564842404281.png
I am spoiled when it comes to peaches. Grew up on a farm in central Washington we had peaches
that we thinned them to make them large and leave them on the tree to ripen. Not for commercial use.
I would have one every morning while changing sprinklers. Peaches as big as soft balls and you could peel off the skin with your thumb nail. Very sweet and juicy.:)

Marionberries are some of my favorite, they were my favorite until I went to Ohio and had Black Rasberries. They are amazing.

If you like Peaches, grill them and add on a slice of marscapone cheese, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
F-ing amazingView attachment 605483

Oregon has native black raspberries too, hard to find though. I can across some last weekend near Mt Hood. Soo goood!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top