JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When shooting the .380 EZ I found the extracted brass was flying out directly to the right. Needless to say if another shooter was on the firing line next to me he wouldn't be happy about it. I'm am just wondering do all the EZ's extract the fired brass to the right?
If this keeps up I will have to make a shield stand to block the brass to keep it off the shooter next to me on the range.

Why is this edit button keep attaching itself to my post. Can't delete it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never realized that brass ejecting to the right is an anomaly. How do you think that "problem" could be fixed?

On other firearms like the 1911 you can adjust the extractor. On other striker-fireds you can vhange the recoil spring weights to change the ejection pattern. However, in the Shield EZ I highly doubt there is any market yet for recoil springs of different weights.

I really wanted to reply to this post in a different manner, but after some self-censorship...I really do appreciate how courteous and respectful you are when it comes to your fellow shooters at the range. I don't know if that ejection pattern is normal for that pistol. Better to hit the guy to the right of you than to eject right into your forehead.

When shooting the .380 EZ I found the extracted brass was flying out directly to the right. Needless to say if another shooter was on the firing line next to me he wouldn't be happy about it. I'm am just wondering do all the EZ's extract the fired brass to the right?
If this keeps up I will have to make a shield stand to block the brass to keep it off the shooter next to me on the range.

Why is this edit button keep attaching itself to my post. Can't delete it.

Ejecting to the right is a semi-auto shooters dream come true. Ejecting up or back is just a burn waiting to happen.

And FYI all my AR's eject 90 degrees to the right of the barrel. They were designed that way. ;)

It seems to me that at the one range I go to that doesn't have lane walls, I have often been hit with brass from my left.

It just doesn't seem to me that this is a problem that needs to be fixed. Like as @Levetti said, brass flying backwards...now that would be a problem worth fretting over.

My range offers "brass catchers" consisting of a PVC pipe frame and some net at the rifle benches. The pistol lanes have lane walls.

Most of my other pistols eject the brass up and to the rear, but I guess there isn't a problem. I will make a "brass catcher" out of small PVC to keep it off of the shooter to my right.

Most of my other pistols eject the brass up and to the rear, but I guess there isn't a problem. I will make a "brass catcher" out of small PVC to keep it off of the shooter to my right.

As long as the brass is ejecting consistently to the right, it's doing its job. I guess ideally most people would want it to eject slightly rearward, but some AR's have brass deflectors to specifically stop the brass from ejecting rearward and deflect it to the right. When it ejects straight up you can have problems and when it ejects directly back into your face that isn't fun. I had a piece of brass deflect off my hat and actually wedge itself perfectly behind my ear and it burnt the bubblegum out of me.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top