JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking at bullets for reloading online. I see bullets labled as ".38 Special (.357 dia.) 158gr SJSP". I see on the same page for two dollars less "357 magnum (.357 dia.) 158gr SJSP". Bullets are Magtech BTW.

I know what SJSP means, but I didn't think there was a difference in .38 special and 357 magnum jacketed bullets?

In cast I could see you wanting a harder cast bullet for a magnum load.

Mike

Sounds like someone in the Marketing Department wanted to use the sexy term Magnum. Unless there is some difference in jacket height in the semi jacketed bullet, there is no difference that I could imagine.

For the two buck difference, buy the "magnums". Your 38 won't know the difference.

Thanks guys......That is pretty much what I expected. I was looking at some bullets for sale on the forum that were labled .38 Special. The Magtech website showing BOTH kinds with slightly different prices?? In the bullet specs, sectional density and balistic coeficient were identicle between the two.
Silly.

Mike

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews