JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What's that have to do with sig saying the pistols need a factory tune up after 2k or what?
I have not seen that. In fact when I bought mine, sig was saying quite the opposite, claiming they had a test gun with hundreds of thousands of rounds. But clearly, If they run fine after 15k rounds with no appreciable wear, (I will admit the stamping of sig sauer is getting worn perfectly smooth and the finish has worn there a bit from the slide, also I was seeing some wear on the polymer from living in my pocket) then I am thoroughly flummoxed as to why Sig would say that. It doesn't make any sense.

Heard that after 2000 rounds you have to send those to the factory for a "tune up"? Wow

It took me some fiddling to remove the mag safety on my Ruger ec9.. a lot of guns have micro parts these days.

The best source for good information is likely Sig. I've seen a Sig inspection process that takes about 10 minutes. It isn't much and could be a money maker if everyone followed Sig's game plan. Why not call Sig and see what if and what they suggest?

The 2500 round tune up is....
Replace the RSA.
All my other Sigs it's 5,000 for the recoil spring.
I was well past 5,000 on my P220 before it started having return to battery issues.
I suspect the 365 is the same way and will go a lot more than 2,500 rounds.
No need to send it to Sig for that, you just break it down and swap out the RSA and put it back together.
Oh wait....:p

Love my P365 with a manual safety.

I looked at the SAS and handled it quite a bit in the store, then concluded it was a gimmick with little real world benefit and more negatives than positives.

Most people that buy them can't hit anything past 7 yards and ditch them in favor of something else.

Love my P365 with a manual safety.

I looked at the SAS and handled it quite a bit in the store, then concluded it was a gimmick with little real world benefit and more negatives than positives.

Most people that buy them can't hit anything past 7 yards and ditch them in favor of something else.
I think you're exactly right. I see some real positives in the P365. It seems to be a pistol best suited to a niche market but grew into the mainstream. That didn't happen by accident. The SAS version has its own appeal but falls short on delivery. I could catalog them but there is no point in doing that. Sig may catch on and make some improvements.

I fear I am exactly in any niche market for it. I can't say I put a perfect group at 25 yards, but I can consistently hit in a paper plate size group at that range. It also fits my tiny hands better than most guns. For me, it is an ideal carry gun. However, I am aware I have very diminutive hands, the grip is small. Also, put enough rounds downrange and it is as accurate as I am with any small gun. Do I shoot better with a p320? Yeah. Mine has the x5 trigger and the tungsten infused grip module. Do I shoot even better with a cajunized c75? Yep. Has it saved my bacon from getting stabbed and set on fire? YES! So I am calling it a solid purchase on my end.

I fear I am exactly in any niche market for it. I can't say I put a perfect group at 25 yards, but I can consistently hit in a paper plate size group at that range. It also fits my tiny hands better than most guns. For me, it is an ideal carry gun. However, I am aware I have very diminutive hands, the grip is small. Also, put enough rounds downrange and it is as accurate as I am.
Sounds like you just described what a self defense gun should be. Must fit the hands well, become an extension of the arm, must be accurate, must instill confidence in the shooter. And it must be reliable.

I had an XDs 3.3 in 9mm, a gen 1 gun... The 365 puts it to shame in every way...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top