JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got my new Xmacro home yesterday and went to pull the slide snd found it not coming off like my other semis. Found a youtube vid and watched the removal of slide. Removed slide and spring then put spring back and reversed process of slide but I did not watch install part of vid and I currently have a slide stuck about a 1/4th " from seating properly and basically no movement in slide or very minimal. . No trigger pull, slide release minimal movement , and slide lock dangles with movement from 5 o'clock to 7 o'clock.
Seems to be sort of a common issue with these of people not putting I think the sear down before installing slide.

Thoughts?
Ideas?
Current plan is to call Sig Monday and admit my wrong doing to see what they have in mind.

20231021_201938.jpg 20231021_201923.jpg

Try manipulating the trigger shoe while pushing forward on the slide to see if that lets it free. Also, you can manipulate the recoil spring through the gap under the front of the slide to see if that helps. If not, try locking the slide back, engaging the slide lock lever, racking the slide again, then re-trying. Don't hesitate to push a little on the back of the slide to remove it. They can be sticky sometimes.

Well, I'm an idiot and clearly did read your initial post clearly. I would try the manipulation of the recoil spring method and see if the trigger shoe allows any freeing of parts.

I think I had a similar issue like this with my xl but after fiddling around got it to go correctly. I can't remember what the issue was but at most I just either pulled the trigger or had to recock it to get slide to go back normally.

Got my new Xmacro home yesterday and went to pull the slide snd found it not coming off like my other semis. Found a youtube vid and watched the removal of slide. Removed slide and spring then put spring back and reversed process of slide but I did not watch install part of vid and I currently have a slide stuck about a 1/4th " from seating properly and basically no movement in slide or very minimal. . No trigger pull, slide release minimal movement , and slide lock dangles with movement from 5 o'clock to 7 o'clock.
Seems to be sort of a common issue with these of people not putting I think the sear down before installing slide.

Thoughts?
Ideas?
Current plan is to call Sig Monday and admit my wrong doing to see what they have in mind.

View attachment 1746018 View attachment 1746019
I think what you might have is the internal safety lever did not drop before you reinstalled the slide (or maybe it's the sear that didn't). See the top photo in the set below (click to enlarge). Without re-disassembling the gun, you should just be able to move the slide forward a little bit, push down on the safety lever with a pencil or something, and then reinstall the slide like normal. I actually had to tip my gun upside down to get the safety lever to drop down (as viewed with the gun inverted).

1698019757204.png

Lastly (and you probably already know this, but it's easy to forget), oftentimes I have to lift up the slide release lever during reassembly in order to rotate the TD lever to vertical in order to push the slide back on. But it appears you got past that point.

ETA:
After looking at the first video in the queue that @solv3nt linked, I don't think your issue is the safety lever. If it were the safety lever stuck in the up position, then the slide wouldn't go back as far as it did. Looks like it's something more serious.

Last Edited:
I don't have Sigs but have had a similar problem with a VP9 a couple of times that is caused improper placement of the recoil spring assembly on the correct seating lip. It falls off when not seated properly and then firmly gets stuck where you can't manipulate the slide.

Your pictures do not show the front of the pistol. Is the recoil rod pushed out? If so google "VP9 slide stuck" for what to do, which includes pulling the rod forward against the spring tension to release it from where it is caught up.

Hope you figure it out OP. Good luck.

Last Edited:
Still on hold with Sig technical support................................................................................................................... ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ :s0107: