JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Error
Reviews are disabled for this resource because it is temporarily closed.
Ask question Discuss resource
Sadly, it's definitely a mess.
We tried to do our part by taking out more than we brought in, but it really is like pissing in the ocean.

Welcome to the forum and thank you for at least doing YOUR part.

Being new you might consider getting on the mailing list of Trash No Land.org . They are a group that was sort of born on these pages and then moved out on their own to create a group of individuals that go out and do clean-ups of some of these crap heaps left by irresponsible shooters. Trash No Land Home It's a lot of fun and you get to meet like minded folks. You don't have to be in any great physical shape as any little bit helps.

Being new you might consider getting on the mailing list of Trash No Land.org . They are a group that was sort of born on these pages and then moved out on their own to create a group of individuals that go out and do clean-ups of some of these crap heaps left by irresponsible shooters. Trash No Land Home It's a lot of fun and you get to meet like minded folks. You don't have to be in any great physical shape as any little bit helps.

Oh perfect, I was hoping there was a group like that.

I'm new to town so would love to meet up with some Oregonians and give a little back to the community.

I'm new to town so would love to meet up with some Oregonians and give a little back to the community.

What part of potland are you in? I'm in NE just South of PDX a couple/three miles.

Thank you Mike! I appreciate the referral.

Yo, Bento! Welcome to the forum and thanks for doing what you can to help save our places to shoot.

Mike is right, Trash No Land did start right here. I started complaining about the trash which lead me to organizing a cleanup in 2014, which lead to another cleanup and another and.... It got to the point where I felt we could reach a lot more shooters, who may not be on the forum, and we could possibly have an impact NW wide if we were a nonprofit. So, with @Reno 's help, he and I started TNL begining of 2017. Been having a freakin blast ever since!

Keep an eye on this 'Outdoor' section for info about shooting on public lands. If you are signed up on our TNL membership, you'll get notified of events, news and info about what we're up to.

Enjoy, shoot safe and 6 feet baby!

Bill

I went out to '36 Pit' today, it's a nice and easy to get to spot - about a 45 minute drive from SE PDX. Other shooters were courteous, no one was being stupid. Great day.
Hi, new member here, can I just confirm how you got there? I've been scouring Google and everything says the gate off Hwy 224 is closed, the road is washed out etc. Did you access from Memaloose area? (I think that's the correct area? I've never been but would like to go out there). I do plan on bringing a few extra trash bags, it sounds like it's a little messy out there. Thank you for any info!! Peace.

Hi, new member here, can I just confirm how you got there? I've been scouring Google and everything says the gate off Hwy 224 is closed, the road is washed out etc. Did you access from Memaloose area? (I think that's the correct area? I've never been but would like to go out there). I do plan on bringing a few extra trash bags, it sounds like it's a little messy out there. Thank you for any info!! Peace.
Memaloose nf-45 helion pit and 36 pit are two different places. 36 pit is just off 224 on the left, memaloose is only accessible by hillockburn road and nf-45 unless they happened to open the green bridge off 224 (doubt it).

Memaloose nf-45 helion pit and 36 pit are two different places. 36 pit is just off 224 on the left, memaloose is only accessible by hillockburn road and nf-45 unless they happened to open the green bridge off 224 (doubt it).
Oh mannnnn I feel dumb haha. Ok thank you very much, so sounds like no access issues with 36 pit at least?

So this spot is still accessible as of now? I was under the impression that finding an outdoor place to shoot was going to be a challenge due to stay in place order and all. Can someone fill me in? Looking to take my brother and a friend out shooting this weekend if possible

So this spot is still accessible as of now? I was under the impression that finding an outdoor place to shoot was going to be a challenge due to stay in place order and all. Can someone fill me in? Looking to take my brother and a friend out shooting this weekend if possible
My hood is closed so not legal to be there. Google national forest service

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.