JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im feeling squirrelly, and have a single shot in 357 that I'd like to try and load up some rounds that utilize 35cal .358 projectiles typically used in cartridges like 35 remington or similar.

Seeing if anyone has done anything like this?

I've got a few manuals that go all the way to 220 grain projectiles for the 357 so I'm just curious if it's been done.

I'd likely start with the 200 grain projectiles like the ballistic tips or corelocks.

Thanks!

Reno911

upload_2019-1-22_11-33-34.jpeg

I've just loaded up some 190 grain projectiles, I'm definitely going to try the Barnes 180s.

I've been using a 9mm taper crimp die, but I just broke down and ordered an actual taper crimp die set to try loading these guys.

I reached out to Hornady as well to see if the bullet seating stem in the 35 rem will work inside their 357 mag seating die and if I can buy it separately.

Failed looking for 180 grain 35 cal spitzers at Sportsmans.

Going to have to order some off Natchez or similar.

Decades ago, my buddy used to load the Hornady 200 gr Spire Point for the Rams in our Silhouette matches. We were both shooting 10" T/C Contenders. I preferred the 180 or 200 gr Speer TMJ Silhouette bullets in mine. He loaded 16 gr of W-296 behind that Hornady bullet. Maybe the additional space in the case helped with pressure, but I never shot any of his loads.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top