JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recently picked up a COP 4 shot .357. Anyone have any experience with one of these? The ones I have seen on YouTube, spring open when you pull the release mechanism. Mine does not. It functions perfectly in every other respect, so it isn't the worst of all problems. However, I would like to get it fixed.

It came with a box, but no manual, but I found one online. It has an exploded view, but I'm not good enough with those to figure out what part (spring) might be faulty. Any ideas of what I should get?

Fortunately YouTube has plenty of disassembly vids around.

I'll post a range report here after I get it to the range. (Might be a while as I now have no $$$)

COP01.jpg

COP02.jpg

COP03.jpg

COP04.jpg

Last Edited:
Looks really neat but I doubt it would give a .357 bullet enough time to get up to velocity.

This is the case of wanting something more for its esthetics and cool factor, than its practicality. I can't see me ever actually carrying it. Another box ticked on my "cool, but mainly useless" list. (Mossberg Brownie and Cobray Pocket Pal, I'm still looking for you!)

I've wanted one since I saw it in Blade Runner and found out it was a real gun. I understand that the gun for the movie was modified to shoot two barrels at once to give it more of a flash.

Never mind about the spring. It is the airsoft version that springs open, not the real one apparently.

Yeah, wouldn't really want one, but they are.....er........um..interesting! Not cute, interesting!;)

I must say, you photographed it very nicely!:)

Looks really neat but I doubt it would give a .357 bullet enough time to get up to velocity.

I have one new in box.

The barrel is 3-3/16th'' vs a J-Frames 3-1/2'' barrel+ cylinder.
And there is no cylinder gap. So the COP's velocity is probably a little better.

My friend also had one. And we shot that gun a lot. Fun little gun.

And as to a spring? There is none!
So your gun is fine.

You will notice as you tilt up the barrel. The ejector pushes out the shells.
From there you shake them out. That's how it ejects.

Before you shoot it much. Consider the value.
These are sought after guns. And if something breaks. Parts are hard to come by.

Last Edited:
And as to a spring? There is none!
So your gun is fine.

I figured that out. I was getting it confused with the Airsoft model. It has a spring to keep it open, not the real thing.

Before you shoot it much. Consider the value.
These are sought after guns. And if something breaks. Parts are hard to come by.

I'm likely to put mostly 38's through it as I understand it has something of a crotch-bite with full magnums. I have guns to fire. The only gun I have that I don't is a Japanese Nambu. Both because the ammo is rare and I don't fully trust the pistol. Probably sell it the day I get a Luger I can trust to fire.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top