JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just loaded some 325 grain hornady ftx for my marlin 1895 GBL. Took a lot of time an extra steps to get them to feed.They will need to shoot really well to convince me they are worth the trouble. Had to trim my brass down 60, thousandths My lee factory crimp die would not hold the bullets tight enogh so had to use the crimper in the seater, Bot i did feel good when i finally got them to feed !

Hornady's brass for the leverevolution loads in .45-70 is shorter than normal brass for that reason, it's why I never use hornady .45-70 brass and why I haven't messed with those pointy bullets. The regular flat point ones work really well, .45-70 is better in the short game anyway.

I just loaded some 325 grain hornady ftx for my marlin 1895 GBL. Took a lot of time an extra steps to get them to feed.They will need to shoot really well to convince me they are worth the trouble. Had to trim my brass down 60, thousandths My lee factory crimp die would not hold the bullets tight enogh so had to use the crimper in the seater, Bot i did feel good when i finally got them to feed !

Dang I have some hornady brass, I'd trade for standard length brass :)

Interesting bit of news, especially since I just got a box of the Hornady stuff to try. I'll be using it in my Ruger #3 so feeding isn't an issue. But if the Brass is short I'll have to say something to Hornady! I ain't bashful by any means.

Yeah, I have been tempted to try loading up some ftx rounds. A while back I bought a menagerie of 45/70 brass and have a few horned cases that sit unused. I did wrap up some Barnes tsx bullets made for a 458wm. I had to single load each one, but man they shot great at 200 yards.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top