JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been doing more with lil-gun for sub loads they are quitter then 1680, I load for a 8" AR-15 and a 16" RARR.
For 110 gr I use H-110 and 1680 for 150 gr supers.

started using T&B hardcast coated 225gr .309 bullets the other day. local guy named travis makes them. using the same recipie and same COL i achieved great results especially for the price of the bullets. i spent $24/200 of them AND he delivered them to me at my work. what a guy!!

I have been doing more with lil-gun for sub loads they are quitter then 1680, I load for a 8" AR-15 and a 16" RARR.
For 110 gr I use H-110 and 1680 for 150 gr supers.
Lil gun is turning out to be a pretty handy powder to have around as it makes good top velocities loads with heavies in the 458 socom.

Took awhile to get a good load worked up and get to the range to test it.
Got out today with the ruger ranch rifle with a Deadair sandman on it
Hornady 190 gr with 8.0 grs of lil gun was 1057 fps with an sd of 8.1, five shot group at 100 yrds was 1-1/2" .
I think this will make a good all round sub load just need to test it of some game.

Took awhile to get a good load worked up and get to the range to test it.
Got out today with the ruger ranch rifle with a Deadair sandman on it
Hornady 190 gr with 8.0 grs of lil gun was 1057 fps with an sd of 8.1, five shot group at 100 yrds was 1-1/2" .
I think this will make a good all round sub load just need to test it of some game.
i took a doe with a subsonic 300blk from 30 yards. headshot. one and done

Grabbed some of the 1680 powder data and will be working up a load for subsonic use.
Very close to what I pulled from a few reload manuals & I was within a few tenths of a grain.
Thanks all for sharing their data & loads.

The only deer I have shot with the 300blk was with the 208 amax subsonic. It penciled right through the buck's head and was not immediately lethal. Luckily when I caught up to him he had lost enough blood and I was able to get a knife into his jugular after a bit of deer rodeo action. After that experience I have switched to the 458 socom with 500gr Maker subsonic expanding bullets for all my subsonic hunting. I have no doubt some of the maker bullets in 300 blk would perform ok but the 500 gr in the 458 socom is a freakin anchor.

The only deer I have shot with the 300blk was with the 208 amax subsonic. It penciled right through the buck's head and was not immediately lethal. Luckily when I caught up to him he had lost enough blood and I was able to get a knife into his jugular after a bit of deer rodeo action. After that experience I have switched to the 458 socom with 500gr Maker subsonic expanding bullets for all my subsonic hunting. I have no doubt some of the maker bullets in 300 blk would perform ok but the 500 gr in the 458 socom is a freakin anchor.
500 grains of anything'll do the job :)

hows the recoil on the 458? pretty manageable? heavier buffer?

500 grains of anything'll do the job :)

hows the recoil on the 458? pretty manageable? heavier buffer?
I think I run a H2 in my setup just because it seemed to help accuracy but subsonic with suppressor it is a peach to shoot. Some of the 420gr supers going 1500fps + will get your attention though.

More "thump" when it hits?
Considering the formula for kinetic energy (T=(1/2)mv(squared), a heavier bullet will hit with higher energy given the same velocity. Since the goal is to stay subsonic, you have effectivley fixed the Velocity variable, there fore to gain more energy, you need a heavier bullet.

For plinking, doesn't really matter much, but for other reasons where energy matters....yep!

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top