JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's why I invested in some drill rod to check bore alignment... ;)

My new flash hider should be here in a few days, and we'll see if that fixes the alignment issue. If not, I'll be shopping for a new barrel.:(
Are you direct threading or using an ASR?
I'm thinking a new barrel would be a wise investment.. or send that one to one of our resident smiths to true up for you.

Sandman flash hider. They make a specific version for the SCAR 17 (which also has no shoulder) that tightens up against the muzzle of the barrel, rather than the shoulder.

If that doesn't work, I'll likely go with a Ballistic Advantage barrel as a replacement.

For my 300blk upper that can go on either a pistol or SBR, I used a 12" seekins precision barrel. The AAC 51t adapter fit fine, and the 7.62sdn suppressor mates with out a problem. The did not specify "heavy barrel"

They no longer make the 12" barrel, but they do make the 10.5"

Sighting in the Eotech with some 220gr Remington @ 100yds.
First set of three are the lower ones.
Second set of three are the upper ones.
Took about 15 rounds total to get to the proper groupings

IMG_1919.JPG IMG_1920.jpg

1) Is it direct thread?
2) If not, are you using a crushwasher behind the mount? (If so, pull it off)
3) Have you tried it on a different firearm to see if the cant is the same? (implying that the mounting threads within the suppressor may be off)
1) Not direct thread; Dead Air flash hider mount for Sandman suppressor.
2) No crush washer. Originally used just shims, but smaller shoulder diameter caused them to cone and warp (potato chip) around the shoulder. Replaced with KBA Custom SCAR 17 muzzle shoulder ring.
3) Suppressor alignment is fine on all other hosts, using both flash hiders and muzzle brakes. The problem is the alignment of the flash hider to the bore on this particular barrel. I plan to move this flash hider to a different barrel once I swap them out, and don't anticipate any problems.

The problem is solely related to the shoulder on this particular barrel. That's why I cautioned OP to be mindful of the shoulder profile in addition to the barrel profile.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads