JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With a suppressor on the way, I'm very interested in adding a .300 BLK upper to shoot subsonic rounds with that suppressor. I've been doing some reading/research and I'm seeing that approximately 10" barrel length is the optimum for .300 BLK, though it can work fine down to about 8". But my real question is on the barrel profile. Some are saying and HBAR/Heavy barrel profile is the only way to go if shooting suppressed - primarily because the barrel will heat up more with a suppressor and the heavy profile will help to dissipate that heat. Others are saying the lighter weight A2 profile barrels are just fine. I'm finding a variety of options out there and I'm just curious if any of you have some more practical advice/thoughts on this? Is barrel over-heating with a suppressor more of an issue with a lighter profile barrel?

This would ultimately be planned to mate to a future SBR lower. For now, it would reside on a pistol lower.

Last Edited:
Probably no difference. Be sure to talk to your can maker. They will be able to prep your AR15 for suppressor use.

All Oregon State Laws, US Code Laws, NFA Laws And BATFE Rules Apply.

www.eliteiron.com

The suppressor I have on the way is the Silencerco Hybrid - not sure any prepping is required on this one, just a thread adapter for the barrel.

I think a heavy barrel might help, you might end up dumping mags quicker since it's quiet and enjoyable.

As for 300blk...

I've owned a single shot 300 black, I regret selling now as I have a 9mm can on its way some time soon that I could have used with it.

Now, I too think about adding a 300 back to the mix, but I can't say I really really want to.

I like the idea of a bolt gun, but I've witnessed "subsonic loads" go supersonic in longer barrels. Not sure if that matters, but the silencer I have coming states subsonic only.

With a short barrel like 7-8" it doesnt really matter. The longer the barrel the heavier you want it. That silencer is pretty heavy and you'll see stringing with a long thin barrel. Ive got 4 300 BO uppers in pistol and SBR format with no longer than 8" and theyre all heavy barrel. If someone made a 5-6" that wasnt overpriced I'd on it like a hobo on a hotdog.

My favorite run everything and hit stuff barrel is a 7.5" Anderson I paid $45 for.

Shoulder profile matters more than barrel profile.

Here's the barrel I'm currently using:
x-products-outlaw-8.5-inch-300BLK-barrel-1-7-twist.jpg
The problem is that the narrow shoulder is not wide enough for the flash hider to square up against, so my suppressor is out of alignment with the bore. I tried using a muzzle shoulder ring to fix it, with no luck.

I now have a SCAR 17 flash hider mount on the way, which is designed to square up against the muzzle, not the shoulder. If this doesn't work, I'll be looking at replacing the barrel.

Some manufacturers, like Ballistic Advantage and Faxon, often flare the barrel diameter back up at the shoulder. If I purchase a new barrel, I think the Ballistic Advantage Hanson Profile is what I would choose.
babl300007f-10-3-inch-300-blackout-ba-hanson-cmv-barrel-1.jpg

I hope this helps!

Shoulder profile matters more than barrel profile.

Here's the barrel I'm currently using:
View attachment 475825
The problem is that the narrow shoulder is not wide enough for the flash hider to square up against, so my suppressor is out of alignment with the bore. I tried using a muzzle shoulder ring to fix it, with no luck.

I now have a SCAR 17 flash hider mount on the way, which is designed to square up against the muzzle, not the shoulder. If this doesn't work, I'll be looking at replacing the barrel.

Some manufacturers, like Ballistic Advantage and Faxon, often flare the barrel diameter back up at the shoulder. If I purchase a new barrel, I think the Ballistic Advantage Hanson Profile is what I would choose.
View attachment 475824

I hope this helps!

It does help, but more for a question I didn't even know I had. I hadn't really thought about that shoulder profile before. I'll be keeping an eye on that now.

It does help, but more for a question I didn't even know I had. I hadn't really thought about that shoulder profile before. I'll be keeping an eye on that now.
ive never even looked at my 300blk shoulder before. i just looked thru the upper into the barrel thru the suppressor and saw daylight. my can is a 46 cal can so even if it was just a micron out of square it wouldnt matter.

I run A Balistics Advantage Hansen 8.3" in mine.. has eaten up everything I've put into it without a single hiccup... Subs, Supers, Can no Can... it's been perfect and accurate. I don't think profile is as important as quality bore, rifling, proper gassing etc.
80705D77-A0BC-4A48-8E12-EA78E6DCB1B9.jpeg
I also have a Hybrid46.
2C889A48-732D-4734-9C55-E656F3039232.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads