JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hopefully, the autopsy will be used in evidence during the idiots trial!
And no, I do not think that the man has suffered enough by the loss of his child! I think a year or so to think it over every day is appropriate! I guess I'm just a redneck, that way!:(

Yup, sounds like daddy wasn't too bright. If it's not on me physically, or in my direct control, then it's not accessible to anyone in my home. As under double lick and key, so to speak.

All arms wear trigger locks and are secured in the safe... Nope, keys are not in the safe. Those temain on my person, period...

Overkill, yes... But I know my firearms will not be accessed/used without my knowledge. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself...

Very sad! Back when I did have the boys at home, Things were (still are) ALWAYS in a good Canon safe with no one but me able to access them! Believe me, my boys are very crafty dudes, and if I had not secured my things, these buggers would have found a way to get to them! I could not even imagine the thought of some thing like this happening. Dad needs to face some "time" to get his head right, Mom as well for letting dad keep things un locked and accessible!

This happens waaaaaay too often. I just read another article about a kid getting ahold of a gun and shooting the mother in the car I think she was driving. Kid was in the back seat.
Yup here it is.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/natio...ad-shot-dead-child-backseat-article-1.2615430

Man if that happened to my kid because of me, I would opt out for sure.
No way I could live with myself after losing one of my babies.

If I had small children that werent yet able to fully grasp firearm safety there is no way a loaded firearm would be within their reach.

This would absolutely break my heart if it happened to me. I think when you're children are that young its your duty as a resonsible firearm owner at that point to lock them up. I hate being told what to do, but this goes beyond that. Im all about having loaded firearms within reach while Im home, but even then when I have small kids it may come down to just a pistol on my hip and nothing more unless its at my bedside when I sleep.

I think the father, mother, and all close, will be suffering from the outcome for a very long time. One mentioned, they would take their own life. I would be at a state of mental collapse...in misery.

As "safe" as we like to preach, as macho as we like to remain, we all have our "faults" in the course of our lives.
Should the father have been more conscientious? More aware?...Absolutely. Should he be committed by sentencing to serve time behind bars for the outcome? Yes? In many ways I disagree. To be a father, is a spark in life to endure, to cherish, and to love as they grow. Some parents yearn to have the time to spend with their kids as they learn from them and grow up. In this particular situation, I feel will come with deep sorrow, and deep regrets, that will sincerely tear the father (and everyone close) apart.

Given the circumstances of the situation, time will prevail. I wish the parents, the girls, and the rest of those close, solemness to cope with whats to come, in ones inner self to get by.

May the little boy, rest in peace. Knowing he was loved in this world.

It's a sad situation I would not want in my life.

If I really cut loose my feelings, my tear-factor would over come my making sense.

A scenario in my life, though not directly, my cousin accidentally shot his father on his first deer hinting trip. His father died. The son (my cousin) has never been the same. That was over 40 years ago. My cousin (as we all) feels the loss more and more throughout life. So, Mr. Do No Wrong, sum things up to a more personal experience that you have to endure for the rest of your life, before committing others for an accident.

Last Edited:
Sad news, I'm always disappointed to find yet another parent who could not look ahead & simply secure the dangerous item they have at home. Last week I installed double deadbolt locks on two doors that opened up to a pool, for a client. She asked me if most people did the same thing and I had to tell her "No, most people don't care enough" Unfortunately my fix is a fire hazard, but I think it beats finding Jr. underwater by a mile.

Man if that happened to my kid because of me, I would opt out for sure.
No way I could live with myself after losing one of my babies.
I think the next bullet shot from the pistol would have been for myself, as well. I don't think I could live with that kind of grief, sorrow and guilt. I know it is a cowardly thing to say/do, but I don't think I could handle it.

As "safe" as we like to preach, as macho as we like to remain, we all have our "faults" in the course of our lives.
Should the father have been more conscientious? More aware?...Absolutely. Should he be committed by sentencing to serve time behind bars for the outcome? Yes? In many ways I disagree. To be a father, is a spark in life to endure, to cherish, and to love as they grow. Some parents yearn to have the time to spend with their kids as they learn from them and grow up. In this particular situation, I feel will come with deep sorrow, and deep regrets, that will sincerely tear the father (and everyone close) apart.

Well said, 2A2Dend - lots of people will want him punished, and that may be the right thing to do, but I think he's already got a bleak future ahead of him. Spending time in jail will probably destroy him, if he's not already.

I think the next bullet shot from the pistol would have been for myself, as well. I don't think I could live with that kind of grief, sorrow and guilt. I know it is a cowardly thing to say/do, but I don't think I could handle it.

I don't know if it's cowardly, but wherever my baby went I would make sure she's not alone.

I don't know. This kind of story comes up too often. Just like the father who shot and killed his daughter out hunting last year.
I know we all make mistakes, but with firearms you don't get a redo, you don't just start over. It's the end.

Never stop thinking safety, never get complacent.

God I can't imagine what those parents go through.
There can never be enough practice of safety and common sense.

No decent, loving parent would want something like what has happened, happen. I honestly don't know what else to add to the situation.
I do know, that if I were in the fathers situation, I would be suicidal, if not by my childs side to guide him along the way.

It's gut wrenching just trying to put myself in the fathers situation. This is beyond PTSD, ten fold. Try to walk in the mans shoes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top