JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
People like him should be noticed and something done before this tragedy. How many times do we hear that these types had a "previous history" of mental illness. Instead of spending piles of money attempting to ban firearms, how about spending that money on mental illness? Twice he was taken from her home for mental problems, and she even had a restraining order. So how was this guy able to get to her house at 2:00 am? Why not put an ankle monitor on him and if he leaves his home the cops are alerted immediately?

And if even one of them had a legally concealed or just a gun in the home that would have ended quite differently.

People like him should be noticed and something done before this tragedy. How many times do we hear that these types had a "previous history" of mental illness. Instead of spending piles of money attempting to ban firearms, how about spending that money on mental illness? Twice he was taken from her home for mental problems, and she even had a restraining order. So how was this guy able to get to her house at 2:00 am? Why not put an ankle monitor on him and if he leaves his home the cops are alerted immediately?

I agree with the sentiment but mental illness covers so many things that it would be a massive slope if we do something like that.

PTSD
SAD
Depression
Etc

Are all things most people will suffer from at some point be it minor or major - there are very few that don't so then we have everyone who's had a shot or a beer because they had some bad news in ankle bracelets.

If I had an answer I would be out on my 4,000 acres with no internet service and not chatting with y'all:D:rolleyes:

Yes Joe, there is SO much that encompasses mental illness. But if someone has been removed TWICE from the house and institutionalized, then has a restraining order on them that should throw up a few flags.

Yes Joe, there is SO much that encompasses mental illness. But if someone has been removed TWICE from the house and institutionalized, then has a restraining order on them that should throw up a few flags.

Its a double-edged sword. Erode civil liberties, or be responsible for stuff like this. This is what happens when government becomes the only solution. I don't like to bash victims, but you have to do something to ensure your own survival.

Another reason why we need constitutional carry. I'd hate to hear later that the victim tried to get a permit and died while in a bureaucratic quagmire.

Its a double-edged sword. Erode civil liberties, or be responsible for stuff like this. This is what happens when government becomes the only solution. I don't like to bash victims, but you have to do something to ensure your own survival.

Another reason why we need constitutional carry. I'd hate to hear later that the victim tried to get a permit and died while in a bureaucratic quagmire.

THIS!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads