JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Double Down On Doomsday Builds - The .223 By Four - The Firearm Blog

2X4.jpg

I have to wonder what the ATF would think of that.

A person could find some really hard dense wood and maybe use an 80% jig somehow.
Actually, there is very little stress imparted to the lower receiver through the action of firing the rifle. I think the wood receiver would hold up just as well as any polymer...... for awhile anyway, until the screws and connection/fastener points began to wear.

I have to wonder what the ATF would think of that.

A person could find some really hard dense wood and maybe use an 80% jig somehow.

I doubt it would be a problem. 80% lowers are just fine. This would simply be a 0% lower. I'm not an expert, but based on what I do know, I believe you can create your own lower, from scratch, legally. I'm open to any correction if that is wrong.

I doubt it would be a problem. 80% lowers are just fine. This would simply be a 0% lower. I'm not an expert, but based on what I do know, I believe you can create your own lower, from scratch, legally. I'm open to any correction if that is wrong.

Until you have to take it down to whichever alphabet agency is created, to get a picture of it serialized...

...Ohh California. Whatever happened to you? Please come back...

I was thinking more about the material.

I am pretty sure it would not make a difference legally, but I kind of wonder whether the ATF would go to court if someone made and sold a 100% lower from a 2x4 and how that would fly in court, especially if it looked crude.

I was thinking more about the material.

I am pretty sure it would not make a difference legally, but I kind of wonder whether the ATF would go to court if someone made and sold a 100% lower from a 2x4 and how that would fly in court, especially if it looked crude.

Would probably treat it as any other manufacturer.

Person would be beyond screwed if they were not appropriately licensed as such.

That "optic" reminds me of when I had Wally @ Gators take my old shotgun down to 18.5... he taped the leftover piece of barrel to the top and told me he mounted a scope on it as a joke.

Would probably treat it as any other manufacturer.

Person would be beyond screwed if they were not appropriately licensed as such.

Ok, then let's take it further.

We've all seen these models of things made from wood right. Some functional - like cars - and some not.

What if a person made a full sized replica of an AR-15 from wood? It would not work because of course the wooden barrel could not fire ammo, but it just so happened that the dimensions were the same as an actual AR15 and therefore the lower could theoretically be used with an actual upper. The person might not have intended or even known that this was something that was illegal. But the ATF gets a letter asking about it, they get one, look at it, and then everyone who bought one has an illegal firearm.

Nice.
The Glock guys would like that.
They'd at least like the ergonomics of it. :rolleyes:
Depends on state law. Outside of that you can legally create a gun for yourself in your own garage if you wanted to.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top