JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't remember source of information but the .270 was used to kill more elk than any other caliber. Not sure how to substantiate such a claim. Some argue the .30/.30 with same claim. Own and prefer .270 WSM. Again another unnamed source called it the .270 magnum or .270 on steroids. Like the history, the range of bullets, loading data.
Mine is extremely accurate and replaced 7 mm Remington Magnum. Shoot .270 bullets with accuracy and confidence that it is deadly. Just remember it was a novel round long time ago.

Meh, all are very capable cartridges. It has more to do with the rifleman than the rifle. If I had to pick one it would be the 270 as it is a bit more versatile.

You guys should see the hate I'm getting on the 6.5 Creedmoor facebook group I posted this too. It's actually pretty funny. I think they might be putting a posse together to hunt me down.

I'd rather have the old swede in a large ring 98 than a 6.5 Creedmoor. They reinvented the wheel and it still turns 360 degrees.

Last Edited:
I don't want anybody to get upset or take offense. This is just a joke, but I saw this online and laughed my butt off.

14BAD903-6A0C-4E6E-ADD5-43A54E45ED59.jpeg

There was nothing wrong with the old handshake - they decided to be special and to me that is the essence of the 6.5 Creedmoor. Not that it is better just different and unnecessary.

Last Edited:
I plan on doing a similar video testing them. To me 270 is an obvious winner. I'm interested to see the 7-08 vs 6.5 creed results.

If you really want an apples to apples comparison the 260 Remington is the cartridge to compare it to in a rifle with the right twist to shoot bullets of the same type and construction ( Thanks Remington for screwing up another great cartridge with the wrong rifling) .

The 6.5x55 and the 260 Remington both exceed the performance of the Creedmoor , what the Creedmoor does that the 6.5x55 Swede / Skan doesn't do is fit in an AR10 , the 260 Remington does absolutely fit in an AR10.

The only reason the Creedmoor exists is marketing , fads come and go I seriously doubt in another 20 years the Creedmoor will be a thing.

Lots of the younger folks ( millennials and zoomers ) extoll the praises and talk about powder and bullet developments being the lynch pin for the 6.5 creedmoor being superior. The problem is those same propellant / bullet advancements also benefit cartridges that hold more water.

If you really want an apples to apples comparison the 260 Remington is the cartridge to compare it to in a rifle with the right twist to shoot bullets of the same type and construction.

The 6.5x55 and the 260 Remington both exceed the performance of the Creedmoor , what the Creedmoor does that the 6.5x55 Swede / Skan doesn't do is fit in an AR10 , the 260 Remington does absolutely fit in an AR10.

The only reason the Creedmoor exists is marketing , fads come and go I seriously doubt in another 20 years the Creedmoor will be a thing.

Lots of the younger folks ( millennials and zoomers ) extoll the praises and talk about powder and bullet developments being the lynch pin for the 6.5 creedmoor being superior. The problem is those same propellant / bullet advancements also benefit cartridges that hold more water.
100% And the 260 would be better in an AR-10 feeding wise because of its slight body taper.

"The 6.5 Creedmoor is a great cartridge...
but I sure am sick and tired of hearing about it."

Not my quote. Attributable to a barrel maker whose name escapes me right now.
But I wish it was my quote.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR