JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I took a revolver I recently bought to the range. It was an inexpensive little 9 shot 22lr, High Standard 109. This was my first time shooting 22lr.

Using both CCI and Remington Golden Bullet ammunition I had an average of 1-2 failure to fire on each full cylinder with only 1 full cylinder going off without a hitch. Although I pulled out the misfired cartridges, rotated them and then they fired just fine.

The gunsmith at the shop said everything looked like it was in decent shape from the hammer to the cylinder. He did mention that it could be an issue with the headspace of the cylinder if the failures kept happening in the same slots (I did not have time to check).

Any thoughts on this one? Is there a way I can check the headspace theory without discharging the firearm?

Good point. I just backed up on your part to the schematic. Then looked up the main hammer spring.
Not sure it's the right main hammer spring. But that is the spring you need.

A couple years ago when I ordered. Numrich had a totally different site.
You may need to give them a call?

Does your gun look like this?

125648_01_high_standard_sentinel_22lr_9__640.jpg

No hammer springs listed on Gun Parts Numrich that I can find. Trying google to see if anyone else might have em. Long shot but maybe one of the springs from the other similar models are the same?

I wonder if the Double Nine spring is the same?
Also, did you show the smith some empties or misfires? I wonder what the primer strikes look like.

I wonder if the Double Nine spring is the same?
Also, did you show the smith some empties or misfires? I wonder what the primer strikes look like.
I did not although I probably should have kept a couple. I was looking at the possibility of the other models having the same spring but there is no info I can see on dimensions for them.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top