JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well while taking apart the gun to verify a piece of one of the wood grips fell off. Im already $30 in for the spring im slapping some super glue on that and itll be good as new! :D

This was all I got from the spring and guide out of the handle.

20180415_185010.jpg

I've seen guys put a few washers up against the yoke to help add some spring power back to the hammer.
Is there a small hole near the end of the spring shaft?

I've seen guys put a few washers up against the yoke to help add some spring power back to the hammer.
Is there a small hole near the end of the spring shaft?
Also make sure the chambers and under the star are clean and dry and that the weapon is otherwise properly lubed and clean.

Normally, there is a small pin hole in the shaft so that when you cock the hammer you can take a paper clip wire and insert the wire into the pin hole to hold the spring back when you de-cock the hammer, then you can easily remove the assembly.

Last Edited:
Any half decent Gunsmith will have a good selection of music wire springs and should be able to make the spring you need. There are a number of old parts books that will provide the information. But again you will need to find a decent Gunsmith.

At the same time while I hope this gun is fixed after the new spring is installed I really hope this was an issue with the gun and not 22lr itself. The price for the cartridge is amazing and I would like to be able to pickup the 10 shooter GP100. Was not going to though if 22lr had a history of failing to fire around every 10 rounds.

Normally, no; not in my experience anyway. But I got into a bad lot at one point and got that irritating "click" when I pulled the trigger with alarming regularity. The next box from a different lot had no misfires at all. Same gun in the same range at the same time... the only variable was the ammo and that was different only by lot number. Sometimes I could rechamber the duds and they would fire, but at least half the time they wouldn't...

I don't know.... maybe I got into a batch made on a Monday morning after a hellava weekend?

Normally this high of a failure rate?

No. Last summer I did a fairly extensive set of ammo testing for accuracy in two .22 rifles. For my 10/22 (which I got close to 4 decades ago and abused greatly) I shot 690 rounds total, trying 14 different .22 variants. I shot 50 of each except I shot 60 of the below mentioned Federals, and only 30 of Browning BPR. Out of all those I had 4 malfunctions in that rifle, or 6/10ths of 1%:
  • Incomplete ejection: CCI Standard Velocity 40gr LRN, rated 1070 FPS
  • Failure to feed: CCI SCB 40gr LFN, rated 1235 FPS
  • Failure to ignite: Federal (Range & Field Pack) 38gr CPHP, rated 1260 FPS
  • Failure to feed: Fiochi High Velocity 38gr CPHP, rated 1260 FPS
Accuracy: 1st: Eley Action, 2nd: Eley Club, 3rd: CCI Standard Velocity
For a bolt action .22 (CZ), new and never mistreated, I shot 12 different types totaling 598 rounds. I had two failures and two manufacturing defects rendering the cartridge unusable before I even tried to use it (hence 598 shots instead of 600). Omitting those damaged in manufacturing because I never even tried using them, I had 2 failures in 598 rounds, or a rate of 1/3 or 1%:
  • Failure to feed, cart destroyed: Win Powerpoint 42gr CPHP, rated at 1320 FPS
  • Manufacturing damage, unusable: Win 36gr CPHP, rated at 1280 FPS
  • Manufacturing damage, unusable: Win Super X 40gr CPRN, rated at 1300 FPS
  • Failure to feed: Federal (Range & Field Pack) 38gr CPHP, rated 1260 FPS
Accuracy: 1st: Eley Club, 2nd: Fiochi High Velocity, 3rd: Eley Force
Note: Fiochi was very close to Club, but is half the price, so I shoot the 2nd place finisher mostly.​

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads