JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A friend of mine has a gun shop and he recently took in a rifle we can't really find any information on. It's a Remington 600 chambered in 22 Super PDC. I found a few things online. It looks like a 243 Ackley Improved necked down to 22 caliber. Does anyone have any info on this caliber?

Does it have a ribbed barrel? Those are pretty awesome little carbines.

Not sure of 22 super pcd. I'm curious if the barrel has its rib, therefore it should be the original barrel.

Also curious if maybe he typod the information to you, is it PPC?

Does it have a ribbed barrel? Those are pretty awesome little carbines.

Not sure of 22 super pcd. I'm curious if the barrel has its rib, therefore it should be the original barrel.
It does not have a ribbed barrel and I checked the barrel multiple times. It's definitely 22 Super PDC.

It does not have a ribbed barrel and I checked the barrel multiple times. It's definitely 22 Super PDC.
Very interesting cartridge, sounds like someone somewhere might have swapped out the barrel.

The model 7 took over the 600, but I don't think Remington made them in any wildcats. Mostly common cartridges.

Thanks. I had read the accurate shooter thread too. Just not much out there information wise.
You might be able to log in over there and save that book photo or even PM the guy for more pics from that book. Your friend does have a rifle for it... but my guess its an obsolete wildcat. Not certain what anyone could do with the rifle chambered for it now without dies.
When I looked at the velocities though, dang... well over 4000fps. Impressive.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top