JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club is proud to present a new discipline: .22 Rimfire Challenge! Our inaugural event in Oct was a blast and the board has decided we should make this a regular event. To start things off we will be doing quarterly matches with an eye on hosting a sanctioned Ruger Rimfire Challenge match either late 2014 or spring of 2015.

What is .22 Rimfire Challenge? It is an introduction to competitive shooting for speed. You can use anything chambered in .22LR, pistol or rifle. When you come to the line you will have 5-7 static steel targets to shoot at. A coach will explain what targets you are shooting at and give you the command to fire. Shoot at all of your targets as fast as you can. When you hit the last target (known as the stop plate) the timer stops. You get 5 chances to shoot each stage of the competition. Your worst time is tossed out and the rest are added together to make your score. That’s all there is to it. No reloading, no holster draws, no move and shoot, no mind games – just fast and fun!

Mark your calendars now for January 25 9a-4p. Fees are $5 per gun for club members or $7.50 for non members and lunch is included. There are courses of fire for both pistol and rifle. Come on out and give it a try :)

I will be there aswell with a few additions to the Ruger 22/45 lite
8c7e8c43b9f1d5cf654bc2ef8e1fd7d9.jpg

We use the Ruger Rimfire Challenge rules for target size and placement:

4.2 The minimum distance for a course of fire is 7 yards or 21 feet and the
maximum distance for courses of fire is 20 yards or 60 feet for pistol and 35
yards or 105 feet for rifle.

and yes, red dots are allowed in the Open class:
2.1 Open
2.1.1 Any firearm (pistol or revolver in handgun class) with scopes,
optical sights, light gathering scopes, battery powered optics, lasers,
compensator or muzzle brake.

I have my GSG set up with a red dot and it worked like a champ for this style of event.

I'm afraid I just don't have the resources to run a practice event. That said the goal is that 90% of the targets can be hit by 90% of the participants 90% of the time - they are big and close. You also get to toss out your worst time. Come on out and give it a go.

Competiton is coming up soon everyone! Hope to see a lot of you guys out there that way I can grow my friends list in the firearm community! Kimber custom: I have a competiton shot timer if you need to use just let me know, I will pack it just in case if you need it.

Yes, the 25th is sneaking up on me :) Just made arrangements yesterday for getting the range set up the night before so we can get going right at 9a. We're going to start everyone off at one end of the range and we will run a pistol shooter and a rifle shooter side by side. Then you will move to the next station until you've shot all 4 stations. We will have 8 shooters going at once and rotate every 5 minutes. That should keep things moving and cut down on some of the confusion from our first run through :)

Need to work on some prizes - if you're willing to make a donation of ammunition, steel or something else of interest please let me know. I'm willing to pay reasonable prices (read $20-$25 a brick). Shoot me a PM and we can work something out.

Because we are so close to each other the shot timers don't work so well - at least not the ap variety. Stop watches worked pretty good last time but I do appreciate the offer.

See you all in a few weeks :s0155:

At the event - We'll be on sight setting up by 7:30. We'll open up the sign up sheet right away and get people going right at 9 (when the range opens) and hope to rotate shooters every 5 minutes.

We use the Ruger Rimfire Challenge rules for target size and placement:

4.2 The minimum distance for a course of fire is 7 yards or 21 feet and the
maximum distance for courses of fire is 20 yards or 60 feet for pistol and 35
yards or 105 feet for rifle.

and yes, red dots are allowed in the Open class:
2.1 Open
2.1.1 Any firearm (pistol or revolver in handgun class) with scopes,
optical sights, light gathering scopes, battery powered optics, lasers,
compensator or muzzle brake.

I have my GSG set up with a red dot and it worked like a champ for this style of event.

How does the High Viz front sights fit into what class? if all else is stock? Thx

How does the High Viz front sights fit into what class? if all else is stock? Thx

Iron sight (limited).

What time should we be there? 7:30am?

We are going to put the targets up Friday night. I'll be there at 7:30 to put the finishing touches on setup but we can't start shooting until 9. 8-8:30 is a good time to show up. We will cut off registration at 60 shooters (we had 35 last time) or 11a whichever comes first.

do you have 50 meter slow fire pistol competition, i.e."free pistol"?

The only slow fire competition that I know of at DRRC would be IHMSA which is on hiatus until the mitigation is complete and the temporary berm comes down. IHMSA distances are 50, 100, 150 and 200m.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top