J&B Firearm Sales
Oregon Rifleworks
Low Price Guns
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Defensive Arts
Sporting Systems
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

22 Cal 55 Gr Speer Data?

Reactions
I am trying to find load data on a Speer bullet, 22 Cal 55 Grn, .224 Spitzer No. 1047.

I am trying to load with H335 in a .223 Remington cartridge.

Any help would be appreciated.

Spitpatch

Reactions
The standard "Go-To" load (or at least mine) is 25.0grains of H335 with the 55g bullet. Shoots well in almost all rifles, and where I start with any .223. Rarely is anything else necessary to try. Less than a maximum load in all books. (You picked the right powder right off the bat!)

Reactions
For this bullet, my speer manual #12 has a starting load of 24.0 gr h335 with a MV of 2805 fps. max load is 26.0 gr at 3092 fps. C.O.L. tested was 2.175". A CCI 450 primer was used, IMI brass, test firearm was a 22" bbl Ruger 77 Mk2 with a 1-12" twist. hope this helps, Mike.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rapid Fire Arms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place friendly service always take time to help you, great knowledge of products
    • RJSouth
  • Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Perfect install of peep sight on my cz 527 carbine. Price was right, was expecting it to be more. Will be my go to for anything I can't handle...
    • cd90caprice
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    I've been party to a couple transactions with Steve and he is a great guy to deal with.
    • titsonritz
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Purchased two handguns there and have one on consignment now nice folks!
    • rl280
  • Northwest Armory - Tigard
    5.00 star(s)
    Went in to help my buddy with his purchase and ended up trading in a 1911 towards a CZ SP-01 Tactical. They gave a higher price that some of the...
    • nosbocaj

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS