JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
KSLM will have Kevin Starrett from OFF on the break-in sessions at 9:30, 10:00, 10:30, and 11:00 tomorrow morning. These are the breaks on the Dan Bonjino show. He will be on all the break-ins discussing the three anti-gun bills having hearings on Wednesday. KSLM is 104.3 FM and 1220 AM.

I expect HB 3511 to break at any time in the next few days so there may be discussion on the M114 permitting system as well.

For the time being, the titles and descriptions are not necessarily meaningful. They can, and typically do gut and stuff bills.

Hint : It's time to gut and stuff the POLITICIANS that sponsored and co-sponsored these sort of UNCONSTITUTIONAL proposals.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....NOTE : There is NO violence intended or wished upon those politicians (in the above posting).

Removing an Official from Office Through Direct Vote
A prospective recall petition may be filed for a public office holder, other than a state senator or representative, only after the public officer has served at least 6 months of their current term of office.

A prospective petition may be filed for a state senator or representative any time after the 5th​ day of the first legislative session of their current term of office.

Again, submit testimony here: https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2023R1/Committees/HJUD/2023-03-22-17-00/Agenda

I don't expect them to listen, but here's what I gave them --

What, exactly, is the problem this bill wants to address? How often has that problem occurred in Oregon? By what means is this bill going to address that problem with positive results? Why is it that the Legislature believes this is a problem that CAN be influenced by Legislation?

Assume for argument the problem occurs often enough that legislation might be needed; does THIS legislation 'meet a compelling government interest and is the regulation proposed is being implemented using the least restrictive means.'?

These are basic questions urgently needing answers on any bill that might create a new crime or modify an existing one.

Please send this bill back to amendment to get the clear, reasonable answers - before any other votes. At least make it appear the Oregon Legislature is actually considering the content.

And here, please document crimes committed by Concealed Handgun Licencees such that any regulation or limitation on carry is needed. Lacking evidence of crimes, this bill is not needed at all.

IIRC, that change to 114 was in the original version.
I don't see it in there. My first instinct was that it was added to avoid interaction with local law enforcement.

They added an equity analysis requirement. Which is actually quite interesting. I, for one, look forward to their tortured interpretation of said report.

We need a ballot measure to retroactively strip pensions and bar holding public office for anyone who, as a public official, signs/sponsors a law which is deemed unconstitutional.

I don't see it in there. My first instinct was that it was added to avoid interaction with local law enforcement.

They added an equity analysis requirement. Which is actually quite interesting. I, for one, look forward to their tortured interpretation of said report.

We need a ballot measure to retroactively strip pensions and bar holding public office for anyone who, as a public official, signs/sponsors a law which is deemed unconstitutional.
You are correct, one of the assumed purposes was the equity issue. Seems that some in our society don't want to be seen going into a police station or Sheriffs office. There is also a questionn of funding. ODOT has billions in their budget and 40-60 million a year is a drop in the bucket for them. It simplifies budgeting so there doesn't need to be a line item vote for funding the measure. The other possible issue is control of OSP. I've heard that some want OSP under the control of ODOT, and this is one more way to exercise that control. That's from a trusted source but I don't have much more to go on about that angle.

I checked this morning and the comment section is not open yet for HB 3511. Will check again this afternoon
You can sign up for legislative updates for any bill or committee. Here's the link. Be careful with the drop down menues. You can easily sign up for everything and it just becomes a nightmare to navigate. House Bill 3511 will be in the House Judiciary committee as are the other gun bills being heard today.

I'll probably watch a bit, but really... this is just a formality they "have" to do... isn't it. The woke have already decided how these measures are going to play out. ;)
I'm doubling up on my BP meds so I don't throw stuff at my computer monitor. Don't dare put it on the TV since that's much more expensive to replace in case I can't control myself.

I'm doubling up on my BP meds so I don't throw stuff at my computer monitor. Don't dare put it on the TV since that's much more expensive to replace in case I can't control myself.
Yeah... it's not easy holding back yelling at the screen. They're sure selling it... aren't they. "We aren't banning anything, we're not taking guns away from anybody" "people think 18yr olds that could be called up for service deserve gun rights... we heard you. We made a provision for military personnel to still own them... and police... (just not every other peon citizen)".

Blah blah blah....

The woke have already decided how these measures are going to play out. ;)
We are on the wrong team, the woke will discount anything that we say or do.

The woke are not interested in logical appeals. AOC said "the facts don't matter if you're morally right". So we are basically living in a children's fantasy world right now. The law has been replaced by a finger-painting. Depending on what mood the mob is in, that determines what they see.

I continue to write letters and submit testimony as a matter of personal honor.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top