JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
2022 Schedule is up and live on the website. There will still be a few courses inserted in the next few days, but the majority of the schedule is done.

A few new things happening on the range;

Having excavation work done to raise up the burms so we can continue to shoot 270 degrees in the pit.

A non-live fire shoot house is being constructed to use sim or airsoft, as we are expanding our courses to include CQB, both single and team.

Back by much prodding; 1911 armorer courses...2 on the docket for this year.

A new face coming to town next year is Jon Dufrense of Kinetic Consulting. He will be instructing a Level 1 Nigh Vision course with some rental equipment available. He will also be doing a shoot house room clearing course; Weaponized Geometry.

Stephanie McGanty of Bellatrix Training will be putting on 2 2-day Womens Only courses

Last, but not least Chuck Pressburg of PressCheck Consulting will be on putting both No Fail Pistol and Rifle courses.

Check out the schedule and fire away with any questions.

Last Edited:
I'm going to have to check you guys out sometime. I haven't spent enough time training with rifles in the last couple decades.

Any thoughts on adding a hunting based course? Something similar to what Thunder Ranch does? Basically different ranges, stances and conditions for your typical 0-400 yard hunting scenario with a bolt action rifle?

I'd pay money for that. US Dollars, even.

Steve, I recall you saying you were working on getting Scott Jedlinski up here, and possibly also Rob Haught. Are they part of the "not everything is up yet" part, or is there no dice on either?

Rob Haught hassn't responded to messages in months. Ball was in his court to come up with a date. At that time he had the pick of the calendar, sent several messages, no response...I've moved on.

In another thread, a discussion was about getting Gabe White...again sent emails, not heard back from him in weeks...so forward we go.

Scott is still in the works...waiting for a date. Since myself and the instructors have met and came up with a schedule, hopefully he'll find an open date on our calendar that will work.

I've got two criteria that must be met to bring in outside instructors....Provide something we don't, or enhance something we already do.

Last Edited:
Scott Jedlinski is a no go for next year, as their schedule is booked both next year and 2023...and the way things are going in this crazy world, there may not be a 2024 Ha!

But...am on the list in case there's a cancellation.

So, just waiting to here from the Mike Glover Fieldcraft crew to insert a few classes for next year, and the training schedule will be complete.

I was going to ask you to put on a NVD course.

I have heard nothing but good things about kinetic consulting, and was considering signing up for one of his classes that was a little closer to me but an unknown range.

Will take a lot of the stress out going to a familiar venue.

I've been to Steve's classes that Steve has taught many times and always learned a great deal. I don't see the reason that a guest instructor would be an advantage compared to Steve himself teaching, but there may be reasons I'm not privy to. I don't watch a lot of YouTube or Full 30.

I've been to Steve's classes that Steve has taught many times and always learned a great deal. I don't see the reason that a guest instructor would be an advantage compared to Steve himself teaching, but there may be reasons I'm not privy to. I don't watch a lot of YouTube or Full 30.
One goal has always been to provide the best training in the Northwest. If there's something I don't provide, to bring it on my range so local people don't have to travel all over the country. If there's something I do provide, then bring in competent people to give another perspective.

I've had people tell me I'm cutting my own throat bringing other trainers in...maybe so, but I'm more interested bringing in certain instructors to provide a well balanced selection of training focused on the self defense and assertive assault world.

I'm capable of providing CQB, Night Vision and vehicle classes, but I'm not a household name so having to prove myself to the public takes time. Been doing this for almost 30 years now in the LE and Military world, public training is a whole 'nother world.

One last thing...my main goal has always been to provide training at a reasonable cost. I want all gun owners to attend training, as I feel it's a necessary part of firearm ownership. But for some it's hard to budget for, so I do what I can to accommodate everyone. Although I've put on some large classes...I prefer no more than 6-10 people, that way everyone gets personalized individual instruction...hard to do with 20 people on the line. Too many fall through the cracks...feel like a number, or just going through the motions...won't happen here.

Every dollar made on the range, goes into the range. Which is why we are able to build a shoot house, add vehicle courses...yes, junk vehicles do cost something, and add NVG.

I hope that sheds some light into my thoughts.

Last Edited:
I was going to ask you to put on a NVD course.

I have heard nothing but good things about kinetic consulting, and was considering signing up for one of his classes that was a little closer to me but an unknown range.

Will take a lot of the stress out going to a familiar venue.
Jon Dufrense and I met on IG a few weeks ago. He made a post about mouting a MAWL, white light and associated switches. I chimed in with the cable I made that goes from the MAWL directly to white light, effectively eliminating extra switches which saves rail space if needed. A bunch of people chimed in wanting more info, then Jon IM 's me and off we went.

Also, with so many people getting into NV...his Level 1 class made sense. He goes over each piece of equipment, what's needed, what's nice to have, and what's a gimmick.

Am very happy to provide yet another perspective on NVG and CQB in a shoot house, and again bring it here so people don't have to travel. And as you said, if you've been here before...you know what to expect as to facilities.

I agree with your sentiment. BUT another perspective is always nice.

Also, the best trainers are the ones who are always attending classes and learning themselves. By bringing in other trainers Steve can learn from them while observing the class, see what works and what doesn't.

It's also a way for more people to hear about and visit the range, which is good for business.

The instructor classes are a lot more $$$, that's the only tough part, but hopefully that just leads to people attending who are more prepared and fully committed to learn.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top