JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have had two guys lined up as my hunting partner this year for deer season and both of those arrangements haven't panned out.

So, that leads me to my point. I need to find a hunting partner. I am pretty particular about muzzle discipline and communication out in the woods. I've hunted in Alaska and eastern Oregon, but not on the west side since 2000. I'm retired from the US Forest Service, and I'm very comfortable deep in the woods.

If anyone is interested, unattached as a hunting partner as well, and available in mid-Oct and/or mid-Nov for deer hunting in SW Washington, PM me.

We can meet to discuss it further over coffee and a map.

Thanks.

You are a brave man and good luck!

Finding new Hunting partners can always be a challenge to find. My experience has been pretty good in the past and I always found out it was better to know the person on other levels or social settings before a hunt together.

We have all heard 'horror stories' about new or otherwise not well known people who have partners up to go hunting but good luck in your search !

AND sometimes long term friends do not necessarily make good hunting partners either.

Ok in other situations but not hunting. A good friend of mine once had a very bad experience (hunting) with a so called 'friend' of his (not ME ! another person!)

Last Edited:
Sounds like my kinda guy!

I lost my hunting partner when he turned 18 and now he hunts girls and parties! (Gee, sounds like me at that age!)

If you're still in Camas, I'm still in Washougal.

I'm an early riser, quite stalker and team player. I move slow and alert when I hunt and really prefer a partner to work together on a plan.

I love to camp and share good times. So,

"if you like Pina Coladas,
and getting caught in the rain,
I'm not much into health food,
I am into whiskey and beer.
I've got to meet you by tomorrow noon,
And cut through all this red tape.
At a bar called O'Malley's,
Where we'll plan our escape. "

(Don't you just love this NWFA dating app? Ha!)

I'll send a PM (with exclusive photos!), and we'll do the coffee thing, if you like.

PS: Character references available anywhere here on NWFA. But you kinda know me anyway.

Bill

LOL !!!

All kidding aside - I wish I were in yer necka' the woods as I would meet up with ya for your potential hunting pardner application!
Yep. I know you would. If I can swing an Oregon hunting license someday, you're the first one I'd call to pal up with!

At least we got to get together for another cleanup and shooting soon!

Take care, good buddy!

Good luck brother.
It's tough finding the right group or guys to hunt with.
I've been there Whether Different style of hunting, ideology, commitment, and the list goes on.
But you'll get there eventually.

I had two guys I hunted with in eastern Oregon that I trusted explicitly and we worked well as a team for three years. We all had the same thoughts on firearm safety, working together on a plan, yet being flexible when things change. We shared a lot of memorable experiences together.

@robertvarner , I enjoyed our date... (I mean BS session!)... Really enjoyed hearing of you USFS work, places you've been and the hunting experiences you've had! A life in the wilderness. You should write a book! I should have known you years ago, we could have had years of good times together!

I'll do my best to keep the schedule clear, but I may have conflicts in October because of that shooting range we're putting in the the Santiam State Forest. The project must be complete by Oct 31 and I'll need to spend some weekends there during construction. I'll know more once we finalize the last details and settle on the timeline, which should be soon.

Meanwhile, keep searching for any available hunters who'd like a partner. Some of us may be able to go with you one weekend but not the other.

Will chat again soon,

Bill

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews