JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Two new initiative petitions just showed up on the Sec of State website for 2020 - IP16 and IP17. The names are slightly different but the content is very nearly identical. Both are being called "Common sense gun regulation" acts and both are sponsored by the same individual. They amount to bans of commonly used semi-automatic rifles.

They still need 1k signatures, and draft titles and summaries.

Stay tuned.

http://egov.sos.state.or.us/elec/web_irr_search.record_detail?p_reference=20200016..LSCYYY.

http://egov.sos.state.or.us/elec/web_irr_search.record_detail?p_reference=20200017..LSCYYY.

Two new initiative petitions just showed up on the Sec of State website for 2020 - IP16 and IP17. The names are slightly different but the content is very nearly identical. Both are being called "Common sense gun regulation" acts and both are sponsored by the same individual. They amount to bans of commonly used semi-automatic rifles.

They still need 1k signatures, and draft titles and summaries.

Stay tuned.

Detailed Display: 1 records.

Detailed Display: 1 records.
IP16 has been out for a bit. I suspect he made some modifications and now will pursue getting IP17 on the ballot. What happened to LEVO's effort?

IP17 is replacing IP16:
The new petition was filed with updated text as a replacement for petition 2020-016.

Last Edited:
IP16 has been out for a bit. I suspect he made some modifications and now will pursue getting IP17 on the ballot. What happened to LEVO's effort?

IP17 is replacing IP16:
The new petition was filed with updated text as a replacement for petition 2020-016.

Ah, that wasn't clear. Thanks for the info!

That deluded self-important POS has been getting himself involved in everything and anything around here for years. I'm not sure who he thinks he's speaking for.

For those with Facebook, He managed to get on Oregon Public Broadcastings radar. Here's a link to the story on Facebook, if anyone wants to add comments.

I believe it was Lars Larson(?) that Mr. Wasson was on to talk about the ballot. But it was abundantly clear that Wasson had no idea what he was talking about. Anyone still have the link for that?

For those with Facebook, He managed to get on Oregon Public Broadcastings radar. Here's a link to the story on Facebook, if anyone wants to add comments.

I believe it was Lars Larson(?) that Mr. Wasson was on to talk about the ballot. But it was abundantly clear that Wasson had no idea what he was talking about. Anyone still have the link for that?
If you read through the comments you'll see what were up against. The mindset of some of these folks depresses me, I wish we could put them on a one way flight to Venezuela.

IP17 is supposed to be a replacement for IP16, with some changes in the wording etc. Haven't read
through them side-by-side to see what changed. Quick read says "not much".
Both are just a re-file of IP43 from 2018, by a person who had no connection with IP43. Weird.
Nothing more than a diversion at this point---there is stuff floating around in the legislature that
would make all this moot. If we survive the until the end of the current session there will be plenty
of time to deal with IP's--and maybe sign that recall petition for Kate Brown.

IP17 is supposed to be a replacement for IP16, with some changes in the wording etc. Haven't read
through them side-by-side to see what changed. Quick read says "not much".
Both are just a re-file of IP43 from 2018, by a person who had no connection with IP43. Weird.
Nothing more than a diversion at this point---there is stuff floating around in the legislature that
would make all this moot. If we survive the until the end of the current session there will be plenty
of time to deal with IP's--and maybe sign that recall petition for Kate Brown.
No new bills will be filed for this session, so we should know what's on the table now. I think OFF has it pretty well covered. The biggies are SB501 (pretty sure that is dead)
HB 2251 needs to be stopped or if it can't be stopped then amended. What else?

No new bills will be filed for this session, so we should know what's on the table now. I think OFF has it pretty well covered. The biggies are SB501 (pretty sure that is dead)
HB 2251 needs to be stopped or if it can't be stopped then amended. What else?

I do not trust that all of 501 is off the table. Remember how the Hughes Amendment got tacked on to the FOPA in '86? I would not be at all surprised to see some part or parts of 501 squeezed into some other legislation. Maybe not a 5 rd mag ban--but 10? Maybe not 20 rds a month--but background checks on ammo purchases? They will not stop chipping away. I'll breathe a lot easier (and probably have to pay a tax on the CO2 I exhale) when
the final gavel drops on this session.

I do not trust that all of 501 is off the table. Remember how the Hughes Amendment got tacked on to the FOPA in '86? I would not be at all surprised to see some part or parts of 501 squeezed into some other legislation. Maybe not a 5 rd mag ban--but 10? Maybe not 20 rds a month--but background checks on ammo purchases? They will not stop chipping away. I'll breathe a lot easier (and probably have to pay a tax on the CO2 I exhale) when
the final gavel drops on this session.

Here is the truth, they are still pushing it througj Radio and T.V. spots, not something i would expect them to continue to spend money on unless there was good reason!

All the more reason to get a recall going on Bloody Brownstain and kick her arse to the curb. Might also wanna go after Ellen Rosenbloom and her assistant at the same time! Oregon does Not Need those Wimmins running amook!

Here is the truth, they are still pushing it througj Radio and T.V. spots, not something i would expect them to continue to spend money on unless there was good reason!

All the more reason to get a recall going on Bloody Brownstain and kick her arse to the curb. Might also wanna go after Ellen Rosenbloom and her assistant at the same time! Oregon does Not Need those Wimmins running amook!
Those aren't wimmins my friend....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads