JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Since its a store policy...and not a state or federal law...
If the 18 year old in question , is a law abiding US citizen who has passed the BGC..then he should be able to have the rifle...
Andy

Age based discrimination, plain and simple. They would be hard pressed to be able to win this one if the law is actually considered. If no other "valid" reasons would have prevented this 20 year old from buying the gun and Dicks makes the decision not to sell to him due to his age (even though by state and Federal law he is legally able to, age based discrimination plain and simple.

If a baker can get put out of business because they don't want to bake a gay wedding cake, this type of age based discrimination (federally prohibited to discriminate based on age) won't pass the test. This guy will probably be able to fill a room with all the things he could buy after this is over.

"Watson also filed a separate suit claiming a Walmart store in Josephine County, Oregon, discriminated against him by denying him a rifle sale "on or about March 3, 2018."

good boy

Knowing Dicks from inside the beast, I can tell you in all likelyhood that this "Policy" came down from on high, from Ol' Dick's brother, CEO! Living up to the name sake of the Stack Bros.:mad: these azzholes make it a policy to violate rights daily!:eek::mad::eek:

I hope this works - it's about time someone from our side takes the law against these folks. I think they're going to have a hard time justifying age discrimination in light of what they did to the bakers. Short sighted move on their part as they may have set a precedent that allows this kid to win.

As they say - turnabout is fair play ;)

Last Edited:
Watching this closely as I hope all these "sporting goods stores" are only trend followers. They will eventually follow where the dollar goes, they are whores....ish.

Washington state law is not the same as in Oregon regarding age discrimination. Of course you are welcome to work to get the statutes changed.
Let's see how due process works in the Beaver state.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews