JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's totally weird. I have heard that the pods they hung on Phantoms were notoriously inaccurate, but that was considered a defect. The pods I've read of for Phantoms were gatlings.

I'd really love to hear more about this, because there is no reasonable explanation for it that I can think of, as I said, HE rounds wouldn't go off, many of them are "timed" safe by a certain number of revolutions, and many fuzes will not transfer the flash if they aren't spinning. I had one once, a 40 MM dummy with inert fuze. The channel from the contact tip to the booster went past a centrifugal block, spring loaded so it was "closed" unless spinning.

To make sense the projectiles should have been spherical or fin stabilized. I've never flown a combat aircraft but I imagine the more accurate the effective fire is the better. I hope someone else chimes in and adds info.

As I stated early if anyone woul like to play with with powder you are welcome to it. The EOD person I got it from said that he and some friends filled a 7mm mag. case with it and it didn't do so well. Said it was to slow burning.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top