JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's totally weird. I have heard that the pods they hung on Phantoms were notoriously inaccurate, but that was considered a defect. The pods I've read of for Phantoms were gatlings.

I'd really love to hear more about this, because there is no reasonable explanation for it that I can think of, as I said, HE rounds wouldn't go off, many of them are "timed" safe by a certain number of revolutions, and many fuzes will not transfer the flash if they aren't spinning. I had one once, a 40 MM dummy with inert fuze. The channel from the contact tip to the booster went past a centrifugal block, spring loaded so it was "closed" unless spinning.

To make sense the projectiles should have been spherical or fin stabilized. I've never flown a combat aircraft but I imagine the more accurate the effective fire is the better. I hope someone else chimes in and adds info.

As I stated early if anyone woul like to play with with powder you are welcome to it. The EOD person I got it from said that he and some friends filled a 7mm mag. case with it and it didn't do so well. Said it was to slow burning.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top