JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This AR needs a sling, but I do not want a 1 pt I want a 2 pt.

Looks like there is a sling mount on the Buttplate, but nowhere near the business end.

There is a rail where the forearm ramp grip is, but there is no more room on it for an additional mount.

What do I do?

IMG_20181224_102430088_HDR_edited-1.jpg

Looks like there is a sling mount on the Buttplate, but nowhere near the business end.

There is a rail where the forearm ramp grip is, but there is no more room on it for an additional mount.

What do I do?

View attachment 532872

I believe they make front sling swivels that will fit in the bottom gap of a clamp-in gas-block and uses one of the bolts to pivot on.... or change out the gas-block with something like this:

Railed Gas Block

5928E1BF-1815-4C83-9918-FC07A927D33C.jpeg

You have a MagPul MOE foreend - you can get bolt on rail segments that go onto the oval shaped slots in it.

The way I prefer to mount my slings - which of course is just my preference - is one end on the receiver end plate - I use ones with the loop that comes off the side, and one up as close to the end of the foreend as possible. I generally prefer a free floated foreend - and I run a MagPul Rail Sling Adapter on the top rail, or on the left side with the loop up. I prefer a sling with a bit of bungee built in, and HK style clips on the end.

This allows the gun to rest across my body without wanting to flip over and rest magazine-up.

I don't personally like QD mounts. I would run an old school fixed sling (webbing run through a tri-glide buckle) first) but I like the ability to fairly quickly remove the sling from the gun if I need to, without cutting the sling.

any mlok sling mount should work to attach to the side of the hand guard.

too bad they don't make a sling mount for the useless M203 cuts. Give them a purpose lol

Last Edited:

What do I do?

View attachment 532872

It you use your AR for HD, a two point sling is easier to put on in the middle of the night when you are awoken from your sleep. I do have single point sling on my home built AR and I used the following adapter:

ASAP® QD - Ambidextrous Sling Attachment Point QD

I bough this single point sling:

MS3® Single QD Sling GEN2

Last Edited:
61lmggXGX2L._SX679_.jpg

I run the

Magpul M-LOK QD Quick-Disconnect Sling Mount

On my ARs to give versatility of placement on bottoms and sides. Currently, I am experimenting with 1 just forward of the mag and another at the end of the handguard with enough length to come out around the bicep for stabilization. The QD by the mag well can be detached to run back to the stock QD for a 2 point carry. Add a quick release cam spring lock in the right place and you can play with tightening or losening lengths.

Can't tell from your picture if there is a rail on top - probably not. If you have one the flat top VTAC picatinney rail attachment with side QD hole works well too.

The MountnSlot is rock solid! I have used them myself. One model you do have to drill a hole into your guard but not a big deal. I also think Magpul used to make an MOE version that was sort of external.

At the rear, buy a QD end plate. Made by lots of folks from GG&G to MI to Magpul to Vltor.

The MountnSlot is rock solid! I have used them myself. One model you do have to drill a hole into your guard but not a big deal. I also think Magpul used to make an MOE version that was sort of external.

At the rear, buy a QD end plate. Made by lots of folks from GG&G to MI to Magpul to Vltor.

Yep I've got their flush mount option on one of my older MOE hand guards
QD Micro Flush QD Sling Mount
Mount-N-Slot / Sling Mounts

Last Edited:
At that point one might as well use duct tape. What is the point of rails if one uses a nylon strap with velcro? Their marketing photo is stupid.

Not to say that a strap doesn't work. I use one on a wood stock of mine because there aren't any other options. But with a plastic handguars like the MOE (like the original poster uses) or on a quad rail, it just seems like UNDERkill.

Easy.

M-Lok mount on the top of your forend and then a loop that goes through your stock where it's made to go.

1F950EC7-C45A-4FF9-87C4-25656BB17530.jpeg

Do yourself a favor too, flip your rear sight around... flip forward, not backward.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top