JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Project Appleseed will be back at DRRC next weekend. Still quite a bit of room on the line. If you're looking for some fundamental rifle instruction this is a can't miss. $60 for adults, $20 for youth. You will need a rifle and about 400 rounds of ammunition.

Supporting members of NWFA also receive a BYGO free option - PM me for details.

Eagle Creek, OR Appleseed October 21-22, 2017

Eagle Creek Flyer.jpg

Kimber, Really want to take my son out there this weekend but conflicted schedule. Is this a two days program?
You're registration fee covers both days but we almost always lose a few people Sunday and even have a few Sunday only shooters. Most of those Sunday only have been to Appleseed prior and are just looking to brush up or make Rifleman.

Just curious, not trying to create any grief here ...

Why are Project Appleseed events so expensive? $60 plus range fees seems pretty high to me when the target audience is new and newer shooters that need to hear the message of liberty and develop a sound understanding of firearms (use, history, political ramifications ).

Do you come away with a large literature bundle (or some other takaway)?

Thanks for cluing me in.

I get that price calculation, but Appleseed is a 503 (c) non-profit, volunteer organization correct? Where does the money go?

As to you question virtually any club based junior program and things like NRA sporter rifle clinics (to name a few) are far less expensive.

This is group based, BASIC instruction so $4 per hour per head is pretty pricy actually.

If the goal is to reach an ever wider market the price needs to reflect the anticipated value held by the target audience, not the value as seen by the already "sold" folks.

Again, if there is some literature or other value added material given to attendees that might make a difference, are there such things?

Again, just curious and seeking info, not a skirmish.

Thanks for the reply!

Just curious, not trying to create any grief here ...

Why are Project Appleseed events so expensive? $60 plus range fees seems pretty high to me when the target audience is new and newer shooters that need to hear the message of liberty and develop a sound understanding of firearms (use, history, political ramifications ).

Do you come away with a large literature bundle (or some other takaway)?

Thanks for cluing me in.

Project Appleseed brings a 5M liability policy with us to every events. Then there are consumables that must be produced, stored and shipped all over the country - t-shirts, targets, handouts, chamber flags, promo materials etc. Then we also have instructor travel expenses. For instance, I was in Coupeville this last weekend. $200 in fuel and $100 in ferry charges that RWVA reimburses me for. There are also expenses for things like a booth at NRAAM, web site, ticket processing fees, credit card processing fees to name but a few.

100% of range fees go to the range for use of the facilities. Each range is different. Some support us fully and donate the time. Others want some compensation for their expenses/member inconvenience. It can be anywhere from $5 for the weekend to $10 per day. Personally, I'm a fan of $10 for adult non-members.

Personally, I think we offer a tremendous value. I'm not comparing us to Thunder Ranch, Red Zone, Front Sight or any other high end outfit; $60 for a weekend with us is not wasted. We are much more than a women and kids .22 basics class.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top