JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought one of these in the 80s An FN FNC
1633158792512.png

Sold it after I got married

Was the .41AE 80s, or 90s?

I had a Jericho 941 when the 41 actually stood for 41 Action Express... l never did find .41AE ammo for it, even when it was still being made. It was my only foray into 9mm after buying (and selling) a 1st Gen Ruger P85 until about 2010.

Also, "zinc guns" like Davis 380. Guns like these were responsible for my decades long ambivalence towards striker-fired pistols.

The extreme crap-tastic-ness of Sedco and the jp-22, their slightly resized knock off of the Jennings j-22. Half the quality for the same price!

20180411130928-7322.jpg

I did have a Tangfolio in 41 AE and had one box of ammo most people convert these to 9mm . I wouldn't enjoy even looking for 41ae now ! They do look a little Cz ish don't they ?View attachment 1042774
I have a soft spot for orphans. Got any .41 left? Yeah, original IMI .41 AE is up to $50/box! Oh, wait a minute...so is everything else. Tanfoglio pretty much cloned the CZ, with a touch of Italian flair tossed in.

I have a soft spot for orphans. Got any .41 left? Yeah, original IMI .41 AE is up to $50/box! Oh, wait a minute...so is everything else. Tanfoglio pretty much cloned the CZ, with a touch of Italian flair tossed in.
Nope all the 41 ae business is long gone everything I have now shoots normal bullets lol

The early 80s is when I really started getting into firearms. I bought a COP 357 since they were relatively cheap and unique. Trigger pull was kind of like using one of those hand squeezing exercisers. I remember running some Winchester Silvertip 357 Magnum loads through it. Hand and wrist hurt for a few days. It was a solid piece of metal though. Probably would have worked better as an impact weapon than firearm.

1633214081795.png

The early 80s is when I really started getting into firearms. I bought a COP 357 since they were relatively cheap and unique. Trigger pull was kind of like using one of those hand squeezing exercisers. I remember running some Winchester Silvertip 357 Magnum loads through it. Hand and wrist hurt for a few days. It was a solid piece of metal though. Probably would have worked better as an impact weapon than firearm.

View attachment 1043070
Imagine that in .45 Long Colt/.410 :s0001:

Upcoming Events

May 26, 2024 Oregon Arms Collectors
Portland, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top