JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Instructor "John Smith"....can ya really trust a man with name like that...? :D

Not a bad video....just remember to find a safe system of loading and shooting that works for you and stick with that.

In my case unlike what was mentioned in the video:
I do not clean my barrel after each shot...
In any of my guns...and I do own a few :D , both replica and original , I have never found a need for this practice...

Also I tend to shoot a looser patch and ball combo than most folks...so I usually do not need a short starter...

When shooting a flintlock , I prime from my main horn...no 4F priming powder for me...

No Pyrodex or other black powder substitutes when shooting a flintlock....unless you like hang fires , no firing at all or the good old Flash in the Pan...:eek: :D

And always remember Powder , patch and ball , in that order...:D
Andy
Edit to add my favorite black powder quote :
"All skill is in vain when an angel pees down the touch hole of your musket"...:eek: :D

Not a bad video....just remember to find a safe system of loading and shooting that works for you and stick with that.

In any of my guns...and I do own a few :D , both replica and original , I have never found a need for this practice...

Also I tend to shoot a looser patch and ball combo than most folks...so I usually do not need a short starter...

When shooting a flintlock , I prime from my main horn...no 4F priming powder for me...

No Pyrodex or other black powder substitutes when shooting a flintlock....unless you like hang fires , no firing at all or the good old Flash in the Pan...:eek: :D

Andy
"All skill is in vain when an angel pees down the touch hole of your musket"...:eek: :D
I would never put a BP substitute in my .32 Flintlock- imagine the grief trying to get the ball out
of that tiny bore. My rule is Flintlock- only real BP; Percussion Cap- Real BP or 777.
LongBeard
I did actually "Dry Ball" my .32 Flint once- what a pain in the Ascot...

Never pulled a ball. It's just easier to push some powder in thru the touch hole and fire it out.
At the range I pulled the lock off then pulled the flash plug hole off (that's where I met the Pedersoli Gorilla) trickled in some FFFg powder
and shot the ball out. If I look through my stuff I think I do have a .32 worm & screw. That's why I have separate tool kits per caliber and
a general tool kit at the range. I always have extra Flints & Lead graspers for Flint lock (I don't use leather), extra nipples, etc.

LongBeard

Andy
I'm old enough that I remember that unmarried couples would check into hotels as "John & Mary Smith...."

LB

'Bout the only thing I do if shooting a "string" rapidly is to swab the bore with a slightly damp tallow patch so I don't get a blow out! Sort of like the old Tall Ships gunners running a Sponger first before the loader charges the gun!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top