JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$2900
Manufacturer
IZh
Caliber
7.62x54R
City
Lakewood
State
Washington
1941 dated SVT-40 from Factory No.74 NKV in Izhevsk. Serial number suggests it is from June 1941, when the war began.

Non-refinished bolt carrier, no refurb stamps, and original 8-slot heat shield and 6-slot muzzle brake. Also features scope mount grooves on the rear receiver and the annoyingly rare cleaning rod.

Stock is the thicker style; most likely a refit as it is in incredible condition with no stamps but does bear the single-cutout style appropriate to the manufacture date. The whole rifle looks pristine and shoots like a dream; no stovepipes, misfires, or FTFs.

More pictures available on request. Prefer to sell between Olympia and Bellingham.

IMG_2799.jpg IMG_2800.jpg IMG_2801.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Nice one here, yes stock is a repro. The original stocks were weak and cracked, many were changed out to AVT stock. (Double notch) Does mag #'s match as well? What ammo were you shooting? Question pertains to gas block setting. Do you have tool for adjustment?These are really full of history. GLWS!

Nice one here, yes stock is a repro. The original stocks were weak and cracked, many were changed out to AVT stock. (Double notch) Does mag #'s match as well? What ammo were you shooting? Question pertains to gas block setting. Do you have tool for adjustment?These are really full of history. GLWS!
Apologies for the late reply, the job loves to keep me away. The magazine does not match. Most ammo was Wolf Military Classic 148 Grain FMJ, which I found delivered a cleaner cycle than even modern commercial ammo. I cycle between 1,5 and 1,7 on the gas system depending on ammo and altitude, but have since lost my adjustment tool with the gas block left on 1,7.
As for the stock, definitely a repro but very solid and an impressively tight fit.

Some more photos:

IMG_3752.jpg IMG_3750.jpg

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top