JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, I've discovered I am pretty damn handy with my Para Expert budget gun in .45 and am loving it!!! It eats all Ammo I feed it so I'm very happy with it but know it's not a high end piece.:D

When I get employed I'm considering buying a slightly higher end 1911 and would like some suggestions S to what I can get for the least amount of money.

I don't need rails or whistles, I prefer stainless steel.:rolleyes:

Thanks, and yes I know I'm going to get massive differences in suggestions but that's ok.;)

Best bang for your buck, RIA and it won't break the bank. All that needs to be done out of the box is maybe a trigger job. I've worked over a few that print nice little clover leaf groups at 50'.

im going to buy a remington r1 enhanced threaded barrel unless someone can talk me out of it.

match grade threaded barrel and
suppressor sights are the meal ticket for me.

$730 out the door from my local FFL

Well, I've discovered I am pretty damn handy with my Para Expert budget gun in .45 and am loving it!!! It eats all Ammo I feed it so I'm very happy with it but know it's not a high end piece.:D

When I get employed I'm considering buying a slightly higher end 1911 and would like some suggestions S to what I can get for the least amount of money.

I don't need rails or whistles, I prefer stainless steel.:rolleyes:

Thanks, and yes I know I'm going to get massive differences in suggestions but that's ok.;)
So do you mean best 1911 under $1000 ?
If so I would throw in...

Colt XSE
SIG
Springfield

Ruger
Remington
(these two might be more in line with your Para)

Para p14 is a beast but they shoot surprisingly well, and 15 rounds of 45acp is alright in my book. I must agree with Velzey with the RIA, every one I've handled has been good quality and price now if I can just get my paws on an FS tactical in 10mm...:rolleyes:

I've seen some good deals on used ones lately. But if we're talking new then yeah it's hard to beat RIA for a blank canvas. PSA had some good deals on their premium 1911s recently but I've only held one of them and came away impressed.

Taurus doesn't have the best name out there but I've had a couple competition 1911s (2 sigs) and I'd say honestly the pt1911 held its own and really surprised me with the quality. And it's got a warranty so it's stress free.

Not many upgrades from a Para once you got it all tricked out. However, if you like your Para and just want to upgrade, I suggest an STI. No better 1911/2011 that I can think of. Single stack as low as $1299 MSRP
STI Guns

I admire the RIA guns but I'm not sure that would be an upgrade.

Last Edited:
What you seek is perfection my son. :D

glock-1911.jpg

Taurus doesn't have the best name out there but I've had a couple competition 1911s (2 sigs) and I'd say honestly the pt1911 held its own and really surprised me with the quality. And it's got a warranty so it's stress free.
I've noticed the pt1911 prices have increased for new ones. However, the newer ones have a more subtle appearance, less Taurus logo.

Best bang for your buck, RIA and it won't break the bank. All that needs to be done out of the box is maybe a trigger job. I've worked over a few that print nice little clover leaf groups at 50'.
My 10mm needed a new mag release as it would let the mag fall out. I put a Les Bauer in it and no problemo
But I love mine. Shoots very nice and accurate too

im going to buy a remington r1 enhanced threaded barrel unless someone can talk me out of it.

match grade threaded barrel and
suppressor sights are the meal ticket for me.

$730 out the door from my local FFL
Not trying to talk you out of it, but stainless barrel and stainless pistons for suppressors don't mix well. Friend had one, and his Octane was loose after every 2-3 rounds.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top