JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My Beretta 92 has slotted screws and the slots are extremely narrow.
None of my hollow ground screwdrivers would fit.
Had to get a special tip from Brownells to fit those screws.
I've got Allen drive screws in there now...those skinny slots are a bear to deal with.

The slots do convey that vintage look, though.

My Beretta 92 has slotted screws and the slots are extremely narrow.
None of my hollow ground screwdrivers would fit.
Had to get a special tip from Brownells to fit those screws.
I've got Allen drive screws in there now...those skinny slots are a bear to deal with.

The slots do convey that vintage look, though.

well thats interesting, hopefully mine will not be too narrow. I'm not really going for the vintage look, my whole point about wanting slotted screws is to be able to adjust them in the field with basic tools (I recently had a hex head come loose target shooting and did not have the proper hex wrench to tighten it, had to keep redoing it with thumb pressure all day). Of course I will buy the nicest, highest quality and most fashionable parts I can find, but function always comes first I do not hesitate to carry and use my guns even in the worst conditions.

well thats interesting, hopefully mine will not be too narrow. I'm not really going for the vintage look, my whole point about wanting slotted screws is to be able to adjust them in the field with basic tools (I recently had a hex head come loose target shooting and did not have the proper hex wrench to tighten it, had to keep redoing it with thumb pressure all day). Of course I will buy the nicest, highest quality and most fashionable parts I can find, but function always comes first I do not hesitate to carry and use my guns even in the worst conditions.

Put a little of the least permanent locktite on it.

I can usually make a screwdriver to fit an odd ball slot, but these were so narrow that trying to make one failed.
I gleaned the appropriate tip dimensions from another forum.
Here's the tip that fits the Beretta screws, for an example...
Beretta Screw Bit.jpg
Hopefully the 1911 screw slots are not so narrow.

I can usually make a screwdriver to fit an odd ball slot
I hope I dont have to go thru all that, might as well leave the fancy hex head screws in and just add the proper hex driver to my field kit. The thing about the 1911 is supposedly you cant completely disassemble the gun with its own parts, I think its the magazine lip that supposed to fit the grip screws. I dont know about "slim" grip screws though, those are not original 1911 design so...

I hope I dont have to go thru all that, might as well leave the fancy hex head screws in and just add the proper hex driver to my field kit. The thing about the 1911 is supposedly you cant completely disassemble the gun with its own parts, I think its the magazine lip that supposed to fit the grip screws. I dont know about "slim" grip screws though, those are not original 1911 design so...
There's a flat spring inside the grip that fits them. :D

the Fusion slim grip screws arrived in only a few days, clean, nicely made very high quality.

unfortunately they do not fit my slim grips. No big deal, this was a small side project mostly from boredom and this is about as far as I want to go with this. I'll have to stick with my Ed Brown hex head screws... o big deal I cant complain.

apparently, there must not be a standard in slim grip sizes? The Fusion screws are shorter than my existing hex thin screws by about .030" but the heads appear to be the same height as standard (cant really accurately measure), the Fusions protruded above my slim grips way too much to accept. Makes me wonder if Fusion slim grips do not use a slim grip screw bushing?

Selection_001_20170204_15:35:38.jpg
(L-R: Springfield, Wilson, Ed Brown slim, Fusion slim)

the Fusion slim grip screws arrived in only a few days, clean, nicely made very high quality.

unfortunately they do not fit my slim grips. No big deal, this was a small side project mostly from boredom and this is about as far as I want to go with this. I'll have to stick with my Ed Brown hex head screws... o big deal I cant complain.

apparently, there must not be a standard in slim grip sizes? The Fusion screws are shorter than my existing hex thin screws by about .030" but the heads appear to be the same height as standard (cant really accurately measure), the Fusions protruded above my slim grips way too much to accept. Makes me wonder if Fusion slim grips do not use a slim grip screw bushing?

View attachment 340227
(L-R: Springfield, Wilson, Ed Brown slim, Fusion slim)
That Amazon link had the screws and bushings together in a sort of kit.
Don't know if there was something special about the bushings.
The seller was actually Fusion.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads