JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which 1911 40 cal would you get if you wanted one?

• Total voters
Reactions
Which 1911 40 cal would you get if you wanted one? Target shooting.

Para Ordnance Pro Comp .40 S/W
Wilson CQB 40
DAN WESSON SSC Single Stack Classic
Sig Sauer 1911 Max Michel 40 S&W
Dan Wesson PM7-40
STI Trojan

Last Edited:
DW SSC with 357sig barrel installed at 25 yards. The best of all worlds. Good luck finding a SSC.
This was a six inch bull I might add. Very accurate pistol. I also converted my Fusion Bobtail Commander in 40 to 357sig. What can I say, I love 357sig.
CJ4A0317.JPG CJ4A0316.JPG

Last Edited:
Colt made a stainless 1911 in the 1990's in .40 S&W. Probably a hard to find unit now, but I remember years ago passing on a nice one for $500.

I've mentioned the following here before. For a while, I had a Springfield Armory Inc. Linkless 1911 in .40 S&W, it worked flawlessly. I've since discovered that it was / is a fairly rare gun. They made the Linkless in 10mm Auto in greater quantities. I think the top end was German made for SAI.

Now that .40 S&W as a cartridge seems to have fallen into disfavor, chances are there won't be a great many .40 opportunities in 1911 pistols. Of those still offered, they may be low production and hard to find.

I went with SIG, a nightmare 40sw on clearance. Converted to 357sig with a factory barrel found on ebay after a 2 year search. Same results as listed above, accurate and perfect function. I'm pretty happy with the SIG accuracy with both calibers. I've been considering adding a DW to my collection in 40sw as well. I'm sure both would be fine for you.

I went with SIG, a nightmare 40sw on clearance. Converted to 357sig with a factory barrel found on ebay after a 2 year search. ... I've been considering adding a DW to my collection in 40sw. I'm sure both would be fine for you.
Did that with an early model Kimber 1911, 4", in 40 S&W factory bull barrel, steel slide on an alum. frame, (takes full size mags), it's light for carry and shoots straight. Picked up a 4.5" 357 SIG bull barrel that also shoots even better, with a hotter round for barrier penetration. One of my favorite carry pistols. Own DW in 9 and 10mm, classic, sweet shooters, just not into carrying full size steel guns anymore.

Mostly started carrying polymer in S&W M&P or Glock, if used - I won't be out much surrendering them to maybe get returned someday. The M&Ps barrel switch from 9-40-357 SIG when based on the 40 frames, whether the original 1.0 or newer 2.0 versions. 9 takes different mags, 40-357 take the same mags. If you start with the 9mm framed M&P, (or anything else) you can't easily switch to 40-357 SIG.

Have a Para P-16/40 S&W, with a Clark-10mm barrel, that's a nice shooter. Mags work in both calibers.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top