Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

1911 22LR Conversion questions (again, I'm sure)

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by gearheadbill, Apr 23, 2011.

1. gearheadbill

gearheadbill Everett area Member

I have a nice pair of SA 1911 pistols that have been mildly warmed up and both shoot better than me. I want to convert one of the pair to 22LR. Ciener, STI, Advantage, WIlson, OEM, re-packaged, ready-to-shoot, need to lap-in the slide, magazines work great, buy only Kimber mags, will feed any ammo, use only the good stuff, $249, $515 etc.. It's all sorta confusing.

I want the best shooting setup. This gun will stay converted, so no need for a 20 second change over.

Anyone want to set me straight? Thanks!

2. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

Best as in accuracy? Look at the Marvel Unit 1, or the TacSol or STI target kits. FWIW I just picked up the tacSol kit because i couldn't track down an instock deal on the Marvel, JC Weaponry hooked it up and will be hopefully testing today. Dropped on nice and snug, excellent fit and finish.

3. Iceberg

Iceberg Forest Grove Active Member

Marvel Precision .22 LR Conversion Kit (Unit 1) w/ optional scope mount rail attached on my Springfield Armory Loaded Model. This is the most accurate conversion kit currently available & will allow you to shoot your 1911 competitively w/ dedicated match rimfire pistols like the S&W Model 41.
    Link: http://www.marvelprecision.com/
    006-1.jpg

4. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

I had a Ceiner kit a few years back and never had a problem with it on top of a Colt series 70.

5. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

If you decide on a ciener I may have (an unfired) one for sale. Ended up with an extra. Never have any problems with mine.

6. Iceberg

Iceberg Forest Grove Active Member

Marvel Unit 1 w/ adjustable sight rib, this is my favorite range configuration.
    016.jpg