JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why when discussing 1639 donso many people go directly to our Federal Constitution and the Second Amendment?
Our own Washington State constitution is very clear regarding firearms under Article 2 Section 24. Our problem is the AG and state Supreme Court use a fantasy clause of "community safety" as justification for suppressing an established Natural Right Of Self Defense.
State Right to Bear Arms in Washington | Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence

I never claimed that the subject of CA taxes had anything to do with I-1639. I was responding to that other post.

Then....
YES, there was that history in CA.

However......even back then......it was stupid. IMHO, those that couldn't afford the taxes should have sold and moved. That's the American way. Or.....of course, they could have voted out the politicians that were responsible. Think of what CA would have been like if those politicians had been voted out back then? Now, they got the mentality......of subsidizing those that cry the loudest.

Note: Claiming that you're poor is far different from actually being poor.

Believe me....Hawaii was is no tax haven either and there was also that problem with rich people from foreign lands (and the 49 other states) coming to HI and jacking up the prices for the locals. But, don't get me wrong. What the Dems did in HI to try to address the housing problem didn't help either.

Aloha, Mark
Hmm Ask your girlfriend's parents how stupid they think it was. If they were homeowners back in the 70's they were enduring 10%, 15% and higher tax increases annually. I guess its a matter of perspective.
Oh I dream of California voting the idiots out but that will never happen. They'd rather vote bigger crooks in. To wit: Gavin Newsome. Something like 1/3 of all the US welfare cases live in California. That's how the Democrats got and maintained their super-majorities. And now, foreigners are buying up California as well. Cash on the barrelhead.
Anyway
Donate to the SAF and NRA-ILA to help beat 1639 in the courts!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top