JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
BTW....the USPS does not see the FFL 03 C&R Lic. to be in the same category as a Dealers Lic. FFL 01.

Quick ref: Shipping Firearms, Rules and Restrictions - USPS, UPS, FedEx | Overview

Shipping firearms with USPS
Allowed arms for shipping:
  • Handguns: a generally restricted class comprised of pistols, revolvers, and other firearms capable of being concealed on the person. Handguns and other firearms capable of being concealed on the person are non-mailable unless:
    • Mailed between curio and relic collectors only when those firearms also meet the definition of an antique firearm.
then notice the USPS definition....

Antiques:

Antique firearms are defined as any muzzleloading rifle/shotgun/pistol, which is designed to use black powder or a black powder substitute, and which cannot use fixed ammunition.

They must be:
  • Mailed between curio and relic collectors only when those firearms also meet the definition of an antique firearm.

I'm not a lawyer but the way I read it.....
EXAMPLE: If I had a C&R and was mailing a M1911A1 (made in 1943) to a guy in another state with a C&R.....well, because of the "antique firearms" definition according to the USPS.....I'm out of luck.

IF....and I mean IF.....USPS had used the BATF definition for "antique firearm" then we'd be adding yet another layer.

"Antique Firearms" means any firearm not intended or redesigned for using rim fire or conventional center fire ignition with fixed ammunition and manufactured in or before 1898 (including any matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap or similar type of ignition system or replica thereof, whether actually manufactured before or after the year 1898) and also any firearm using fixed ammunition manufactured in or before 1898, for which ammunition is no longer manufactured in the United States and is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade.

Anyway, IMHO...….it's important to NOT confuse the "C&R lic FFL 03" with the "Dealer FFL 01" when reading stuff. Confusing....yeah.o_O

Then again.....I could be FULL OF IT.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR