JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've got a 12g barrel that was neglected and I'm having a hard time cleaning the fouling out.

I've put several wet patches (Hoppe's) through it and left it over night. I've run a boar snake through it more times than I care to count. I've tried break free. I even put a copper brush on my cordless drill and tried to break it up.

Still have a lot of build up in the bottom 1/3rd of the barrel. Is there anything else I can do or is it a lost cause?

Is that foaming cleaner worth trying?

The Breakfree foaming bore cleaner works wonders.

But it ain't magik. Get some of the stainless wound wire 'Tornado' brushes. They are worthless on anything with rifling, but on shotguns or revolver cylinders they cut lead and carbon fouling great.

Use the chemical to soften the crud, brush it out, and apply more chemical to the freshly exposed fouling. There is steel under there, somewhere.

H

Could be plastic fouling from the sleeves used in shotshells these days, which can be hard to get out at times. Try some Gun Scrubber spray cleaner (outdoors with plenty of ventilation, please).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top