JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok before who ever has based their life goals on this date jumps all over me I suggest you take this with some humor or maybe an open mind.

419641_10150609348649563_732014562_9163589_596029923_n.jpg

419641_10150609348649563_732014562_9163589_596029923_n.jpg

I'm not a believer in the "2012 end of the world", but however that statement is invalid. The Myan calendar does not end "December 21st 2012", it ends on the winter solstice in 2012 so any inclusion or exclusion of leap years is invalid.

I'm pretty sure that if the Mayans really had any insight into the future, their calendar would have ended some time in 1697 when the Spaniards completed their conquest...
-Curtis

Everyone knows we won't make it to 12/21/12. By then Israel will have sent a preemptive strike into Iran, causing nuclear response leading to the continental US being invaded by a Chinese/N. Korean/Syrian/Iranian/Pakistani/Russian/Venezualan army. Don't you guys watch the news? Also, DID YOU HEAR SNOOKI IS PREGNANT?!?! OMG!! 12/21/12 means nothing. The world actually ended in November of '08.

My sons birthday is 12/21 so he's been angling for an early party this year. We told him to take it up with his command if they let him take leave sooner we'll have the party sooner.

I believe a sure sign of end times will be when when my tattooed white trash neighbor mows his lawn before Memorial Day.

Sling I had no idea you lived right around the corner from me. now if we could get him to mow the rain gutters and to get the cars out of his yard. Then maybe we could get him to paint the sheet of plywood with the AC unit sticking out of it where the living room window used to be.

Sling I had no idea you lived right around the corner from me. now if we could get him to mow the rain gutters and to get the cars out of his yard. Then maybe we could get him to paint the sheet of plywood with the AC unit sticking out of it where the living room window used to be.

put an add on craigslist for free junk cars must take between 8am and noon, if the following doesn't work they will never know because they will be sound a sleep, and then send you neighbor a letter from state telling to come collect the missed welfare checks, they will load the entire family in car and go to the capitol at 2 am, you can slip over and spray their gutter with 200% ortho or put a note on them telling junkers there free too if they want to take them down.

Pay a lawn service cash to bush hog the place at 6am, when the white trash returns they will think aliens landed and stole their house and drive right on by

Lol.....funny, but misleading.....I think a little more research may be needed thou my friend. I by no means think or believe in the Mayan "doomsday". However the mayans were an amazing people for their time. Many questions about them will never be answered, that being said many thing about them are known. They were masters of time and astrology. With no modern technology they were able to calculate and follow patterns in time. With that they were able to foresee planet and star alinements 100's of years into the future....also being able to foretell on things like future eclipses.....we know this to be true and eclipses have happened when said on said day. Anyways enough with the mayans,as I'm sure most know at least that about them.

So onto the scientific and facts of leap year.....so why was leap year made and implemented. Long story short, to keep us from drifting in our attempt to count time. The mayans had no problem with this, as they made there long count calendar by watching the movement of the stars and how long it took the to return to same positions in the sky.
Leap year was made to keep us on track with this exact same thing. So something they predicted to happen on said date in future was because on that said date The stars/ planets will be in certain positions on that date. And all leap year has done is keep us on track with that same astrology following......AGAIN the mayans never said the world will end or doomsday will be on that date.....just the end of a long count cycle and the start of the new one......hope you enjoy the read :)

A leap year (or intercalary or bissextile year) is a year containing one additional day (or, in the case of lunisolar calendars, a month) in order to keep the calendar year synchronized with the astronomical or seasonal year.[1] Because seasons and astronomical events do not repeat in a whole number of days, a calendar that had the same number of days in each year would, over time, drift with respect to the event it was supposed to track. By occasionally inserting (or intercalating) an additional day or month into the year, the drift can be corrected. A year that is not a leap year is called a common year.
For example, in the Gregorian calendar (a common solar calendar), February in a leap year has 29 days instead of the usual 28, so the year lasts 366 days instead of the usual 365. Similarly, in the Hebrew calendar (a lunisolar calendar), a 13th lunar month is added seven times every 19 years to the twelve lunar months in its common years to keep its calendar year from drifting through the seasons too rapidly.

In the Gregorian calendar, the current standard calendar in most of the world, most years that are evenly divisible by 4 are leap years. In each leap year, the month of February has 29 days instead of 28. Adding an extra day to the calendar every four years compensates for the fact that a period of 365 days is shorter than a solar year by almost 6 hours.
Some exceptions to this rule are required since the duration of a solar year is slightly less than 365.25 days. Years that are evenly divisible by 100 are not leap years, unless they are also evenly divisible by 400, in which case they are leap years.[2][3] For example, 1600 and 2000 were leap years, but 1700, 1800 and 1900 were not. Similarly, 2100, 2200, 2300, 2500, 2600, 2700, 2900 and 3000 will not be leap years, but 2400 and 2800 will be. Therefore, in a duration of two millennia, there will be 485 leap years. By this rule, the average number of days per year will be 365 + 1/4 − 1/100 + 1/400 = 365.2425, which is 365 days, 5 hours, 49 minutes, and 12 seconds. The Gregorian calendar was designed to keep the vernal equinox on or close to March 21, so that the date of Easter (celebrated on the Sunday after the 14th day of the Moon—i.e. a full moon—that falls on or after March 21) remains correct with respect to the vernal equinox.[4] The vernal equinox year is about 365.242374 days long (and increasing).
The marginal difference of 0.000125 days between the Gregorian calendar average year and the actual year means that, in 8,000 years, the calendar will be about one day behind where it is now. But in 8,000 years, the length of the vernal equinox year will have changed by an amount that cannot be accurately predicted (see below[vague]). Therefore, the current Gregorian calendar suffices for practical purposes, and the correction suggested by John Herschel of making 4000 a non-leap year will probably not be necessary.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top