JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
NOW SELLING COMPLETE WITH THE LOWER IN THE PISTOL CLASSIFIEDS

E0263B0F-8FCF-46CF-A18C-D23E377F2913.jpeg C767993F-C8AD-4517-8982-560A8441589E.jpeg 13E9FDE4-2166-4EDA-A39C-9654FB71FC6B.jpeg 21834D76-610C-4497-9DD3-5065FF8A1B2F.jpeg

Last Edited:
Description

Barrel: 16", Chrome-lined, Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, M4 profile, 5.56 NATO chamber with a 6-groove, 1:7 right-hand twist , chrome-lined bore, High pressure tested and Mag particle inspected, carbine-length gas port, and M4 feedramps. Barrels are finished off with a taper pinned, f-marked, front sight post, standard handguards, and an A2 flash hider. Barrel is made for PSA by FN right here in South Carolina.

Upper: Forged 7075-T6 A3 AR upper is made to MIL-SPECS and hard coat anodized black for durability. Featuring machined T marks, and a mil-spec finish. These uppers are made for us right here in the USA by a mil-spec manufacturer.

Bolt: Bolt is made of Mil-spec shot-peened Carpenter 158 steel. Gas key is secured with grade 8 fasteners and staked per mil-spec. Bolt carrier is parkerized outside, and chrome lined inside.

Each upper is assembled to order with care, and test fired.

Barrel length 16" 5.56 Nato ChamberChrome-lined bore and chamber High pressure tested and MP inspected barrel1 in 7" twist M4 profile barrel .750" gas block diameter M4 feedramps Forged upper T-marks Full auto bolt carrier Carpenter 158

Also has utg pro (miUSA) quad rail.

Approx 400 rounds through it.

No worries! Just built a new upper so i thought I would throw it out there. Good luck, that's a nice looking upper!

Sorry a little off topic but your post peaked my interest. Did you have a complete Thunder Tech rifle to begin with? I know they don't sell individual parts. Their customer service sucks by the way, although I have not been to their physical location. I've called and email numerous times with some questions but never a response back. It's been about 6 months now.

Lol that's funny you mention that because that has been my experience with them lately as well. I noticed that ever since they opened their retail location that their customer service and response time has been down hill. I used to work as a gunsmith at a large shop in washington and came across 2 of these uppers in the shop and wanted to build with one because they look awesome, not to mention the pros of billet. My goal was kind of a faux honey badger, especially because I can't afford a honey badger lol and at that time couldn't get into 300 blk. Upon research, the uppers were sold to the shops owner as pre-production pieces that he never did anything with. I contacted thunder tech and ended up having an hour or so conversation with him lol. We talked about ideas for new products and refining current production parts, and even branding lowers or complete rifles with our company logo to sell in the shop. That never came to fruition and i lost touch with him. Fast forward a year and now I can't even get a word with him lol. I had also emailed them when we moved here last year and still have yet to receive a response lol so your 6 months is nothing lol. I've yet to be to their location as well but looking at their website i doubt I'll be very impressed. They do make quality parts though, we were very impressed with his pistol/sbr uppers and it's always a thorough quality test to throw them onto the range side and let customers from all walk of life try to destroy them, usually through ignorance lol, but they held up no problem. It does help that they're semi local if you like to support nearby businesses as I do

I try to support local business when I can. Being in Oregon there's quite a few big name companies in the industry. Thunder tech caught my eye because they weren't too far from where I work. Plus if something went wrong they were only a half hour drive. It has been a toss up between Radian and Noveske for a complete package.

You mention 2 uppers? Do you still have the other one?

Either company will do! Lol

No, the other 'smith took the other. We were partially paid in spare parts lol.

If you buy the whole upper you could snag the upper only and part out what you don't want and probably make some money on it all lol

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top