JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My DW 1911 10mm will function perfectly in 40 cal by changing the barrel and recoil spring. It feeds and extracts off the 10mm mag. I only did this as a test. I never tried it with my G20.
I don't do 40,but the case is only a few mm shorter right? The 10's just long enough so it won't seat properly in the 40?

I don't do 40,but the case is only a few mm shorter right? The 10's just long enough so it won't seat properly in the 40?

Word from some is that you can shoot .40 out of a 10mm with no mods - just a slightly shorter case. There are some vids on YT showing this. One guy shows .40 being run reliably through a Mech Tech 10mm upper.

I haven't tried this myself yet, but it may be on my to-do list after I get a 10mm conversion barrel and some G20 mags for my G21.

thing is you can buy all the watered down 10mm ammo you desire if your wanting 40cal ballistics from your 10, without the risk of damaging your gun. The Mech Tech IS a modification and there is more to it than just if the 40 fits in the chamber....

thats why im curiohs why....

agreed. if you go 10mm, go full power. otherwise, stick to the 40.

not all 10mm handguns can handle the full power for very long. others can. do your own research and be careful.
:)

it makes sense in a revolver, but there is springrates and headspace concerns in the semi.... I would want to learn about those before attempting, dont care what I see on youtube...

10 and a 40. The 40 goes right in my 10 an I suspect it would fire just fine. The 10 has a 20lb Wolf spring so I don't know if the 40 would have enough poop to cycle it. I'll have to get my shootin buddy Bruce to try it:D

IMG_0291_zpsevwyexhn.jpg

My DW 1911 10mm will function perfectly in 40 cal by changing the barrel and recoil spring. It feeds and extracts off the 10mm mag. I only did this as a test. I never tried it with my G20.

It certainly works in the G 20. I don't even change the recoil spring. So far, it functions great, even with a 22lb. spring. I even have a 9mm conversion barrel that uses an 11lb. spring and G20 mags. If you limp wrist it even a little, you can induce a stovepipe. Otherwise, it's a ton of fun and WAY cheaper than even my 10mm handloads.

The 10mm is significantly longer than the .40S&W. Loading .40 into your chamber means that the bullet is not fully seated and is just shooting the bullet into the chamber, rather than into the bore/rifling.

This was an explanation of shooting 40 in a 10 . Its from another site.

http://www.thegunzone.com/10v40.html

everything you want to know about shooting a 40 out of a 10... the short of it is its a bad idea.

and so Im calling this a thread drift. Please start your own thread if you want but lets stay on topic here...
WTF are you? Dead eye's bastard step moderator?
Hey he hasn't come over and deemed all this "dribble" so ease off:s0084:

The 10mm is significantly longer than the .40S&W. Loading .40 into your chamber means that the bullet is not fully seated and is just shooting the bullet into the chamber, rather than into the bore/rifling.

This was an explanation of shooting 40 in a 10 . Its from another site.
Most guns have a little "jump" from chamber to rifling,but it doesn't have anything to hold it in place to take a proper hit from the firing pin.:s0142::s0162:

im the guy that started this thread.....
and I didnt ask if I could shoot a 40 from a 10...

Threads do get derailed a bit at times. The ammo shop at SWWS here in Vancouver has 180 gr full metal Armscor 10's for 29.95 box of 50.

Threads do get derailed a bit at times.
yes, I understand and we did talk about it a bit....... but had I not called it out we'd still be talking about it and you wouldnt have posted about the Armscor in stock locally.

besides, I didnt see any value in talking about how to ruin a gun.

I already made an online order this month but will keep your shop in mind, thank you for posting that your the first one to answer the question in all this discussion. Thank you.

Check the Freddie's in your area that carry guns and ammo. I've found some Armscor at my local Freddie's in the last two months or so (they were sold out again last time I checked). I believe it was around $24-25 for a box. It's worth a look. I think Cornelius carries guns/ammo?

your the first one to answer the question in all this discussion. Thank you.

Did you read the other posts? Way back in Post #5, I pointed out that you can get Armscor 10mm at some Fred Meyer stores. My local Fred's still had some in stock just last week (I think the price was up to $29 now). So, you may check again to be sure other's didn't already answer your original question...

Did you read the other posts? Way back in Post #5, I pointed out that you can get Armscor 10mm at some Fred Meyer stores. My local Fred's still had some in stock just last week (I think the price was up to $29 now). So, you may check again to be sure other's didn't already answer your original question...

sorry about that, Ill check out Freddys next time Im in there.

sorry edslhead, your the second one.... :cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads