JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Disclaimer: I really hesitated on whether to post this or not given my personal anti Springfield Armory stance after the whole Truth About Guns/Springfield Arms/Illinois Firearms Mfg Assoc/Lobbying/Paying off Democratic Senators...Fiasco, a couple years ago. But I realize not everyone took the same position I have and I can respect that. And if you don't know what the hell I'm talking about, I'm not going to rehash it all here. I've given you enough that you can easily google this.

But it appears that Springfield just came out with a 10mm XD(M). I wasn't a huge XD fan, even before my self imposed boycott, but I thought some of you who are still buying their products might appreciate another 10mm to choose from...as it looks like it holds up.

As a side note, no way would I ever want to put 10K continuous rounds of 10mm through a gun, even if I was trading off with two other shooters. That just seems like it would hurt. A lot.

As another side note, they did test out some other products in the course of the 10K rounds...Federal Hydra Shoes, Lucas Oil, G Code holster/belt/mag pouches, Action Target Steel Target. All seemed to perform pretty well.

To prove the quality and reliability of the new XD(M)® 10mm, 10,000 rounds of Federal Premium® Hydra-Shok® ammunition was fired through the gun with EVERY round documented on video. No work was done to the pistol, outside of a recoil spring change and oil at 2,000 round intervals. The XD(M)® 10mm performed flawlessly and powered through all 10,000 rounds without a single failure. The XD(M)® 10mm has been meticulously engineered to ensure the pistol is as robust and reliable a defensive force as possible.

It concerns me to see 10,000 rounds of 10mm fired without a backstop towards a vegetated area. You can see some misses striking the ground in the distance. There could have been other misses not visible but I am not going to watch the entire 10,000 rounds.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top