JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
1914 - WWI started, got big due to treaties.

2014 - Guess who has defense treaties with Ukraine as the Russians invade ?

Ukraine appeals to US, UK on sovereignty | SBS News

"Legislators voted to demand guarantees of a 1994 memorandum that Ukraine signed with the Britain, Russia and the United States in Budapest safeguarding its borders and independence in return for giving up any nuclear arsenals left in the country after the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Ukraine's interior minister on Friday accused Russian forces of staging an "armed invasion" in Crimea, claiming they had blocked one air base and entered another airport overnight on the Black Sea peninsula."

Ukraine?s new premier invokes treaty in bid to resist Russia - FT.com
"His words are a deliberate echo of the so-called Budapest Memorandum, signed as part of the deal that saw Ukraine give up its nuclear weapons in 1994."

Although not quite what it may seem, history may have similar events indeed, but somethings are taken out of context.

What we see going on in the Ukraine is many hands in the cookie jar, the 'Russians' have had a relatively firm footing in Ukraine since the dissolution of the USSR. Russian troops in the Ukraine isn't breaking news, but they are stepping up their 'authority' in certain parts of the country. Predominantly the Crimea, they have a pretty important naval-base in Sevastopol along with many 'ethnic-Russians' living in the Ukraine. Despite what you may hear from western/US political figures, Russian 'involvement' in the region isn't going to just disappear. Many of our leaders are trying to paint a much different picture of what Ukraine really is, in reality Ukraine is still quite dependent on Russia (along with the EU for that matter).

But indeed the Ukraine is trying to distance itself from the grips of Russia, which I don't blame them. But I find the US/EU is trying to take this and turn them on each-other completely; economically speaking. Ukraine benefits (as well as the EU) from Russian gas-lines going through the region, flipping Russia the bird and joining the EU might not be in the best interest of the parties involved.

Again, nobody is truly looking out for the best interests of the Ukrainian people, not Russia, not the US, and not the EU. So when you read through the eye-piece of our 'filtered' media you need to try and gather more information from multiple sources, nothing is exactly as our leaders are trying to paint it. We have leadership deficiencies on both sides of this development, in the context of what we see developing in the Ukraine, I find 'our' (US politicians) view-points on this quite dissimilar from what is reality. Sadly when your representing a nation of by and large ignorant people, you can make wild and bold statements about places/regions/people/situations you know little/nothing about.

This revolution we see here in the Ukraine, I view partly as a good thing. Although their is much corruption from some 'outside' (as well as internal) elements driving it, "nothing just happens, everything is planned". Remember this as history develops, often the full-realization of critical events in history go unnoticed until years/decades later. The 'good' I see is a people rising up against government-oppression and not taking it anymore, the 'bad' far too much outside interference coming from especially the EU/US (and Russian for this matter).

Dots can be put down, lines can be drawn, what we see happening NOW has happened in similar-ways before.Though not identical, but I hope both sides of this keep level-heads.

... and people still eat steak with the salad fork, useless statements spoken by [irrelevant] spectators. The more our leaders push for 'our' involvement in this debacle, the more futile 'our' efforts will be there. Sticking our 'fork' into someone's dinner, solutions cannot be met when two outside-opposing forces are trying to make compromises over another person's dinner-plate. The situation was bad, now its getting far worse. I wish justice and freedom to the people of Ukraine, and that Russia and the 'west' (EU/US) will come to sensible-solutions. Rather than trying to exploit a volatile situation.

Imagine high-tensions between the US and Mexico, to the point where war or low-scale conflict may ensue. Then China decides to start chipping-in, making threats, planning-involvement...

A world war will help usher in the new world order . Who wants to be called unpatriotic. The military industrial corps need the business the politicians need the lobby money the unemployed need the military to employ them . It is a win win for all.

If it were not the plotting a few dominant men that run this planet, there would be no wars. Wars are started based on deceit and plotting for the gains of the social planners and power mad only.
Millions die while they kick back and enjoy their 'theater of war' as they sip champagne and dine on caviar. Nearly ever war is started over a staged, false event or contrived story to rally the deluded.

"If my sons did not want wars, there would be none." ~ Gutle Schnaper, Mayer Amschel Rothschild's wife

"Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men's views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacture are afraid of somebody, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it."

Woodrow Wilson, The New Freedom (1913), Doubleday (This Traitor would allowed the Federal Reserve in exchange for being SELECTED as the POTUS - he basically admitted that later)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top